Early Childhood Qualifications Fund
A cornerstone of the Government's support for the early childhood sector is the provision of scholarships through the Early Childhood Qualifications Fund. Scholarships are available for early childhood professionals currently working in a Victorian licensed children’s or approved education and care service to upgrade their existing qualification. Primary teachers who wish to attain an early childhood teaching qualification and staff employed in a Department funded Supported Playgroup are also eligible to apply.
Successful applicants will be required to enter into an agreement with the Department of Education and Training, successfully complete the qualification and, upon completion, work for a minimum period of time in a Victorian licensed children’s or approved education and care service.
Scholarships are available to complete the following courses:
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of School Age Education and Care
- Early Childhood Teaching Degree
- Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Postgraduate Qualification
- The level of support offered and conditions of the scholarship vary by qualification type. See table below:
*only for applicants that apply as staff employed in a Department funded Supported Playgroup.
To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia; and
- have been accepted into a course leading to an approved early childhood education qualification; and
- be employed in a Victorian licensed children’s or approved education and care service (this excludes Family Day Care); or
- be a qualified primary school teacher; or
- be employed in a Department funded Supported Playgroup.
Applicants who are commencing or have already commenced an early childhood qualification are eligible to apply. Past scholarship recipients are also encouraged to apply to upgrade their existing early early childhood qualifications.
Round 2, 2016
Open: Monday, 15 August 2016
Close: Friday, 30 September 2016
To apply, please read and complete the following documents:
Applications received outside an application round will not be processed.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: