Social Work Scholarships
- Council on Social Work Education Student Funding Opportunities
- Master of Social Work Scholarships Indiana University Northwest
- School of Social Work Scholarships
- NASW Social Work Scholarships
- Master of Social Works Scholarships IUPUI
- Social Work IV-E Scholarship Concord University
- MSW Program Grants and Scholarships
- UGA Social Work Scholarships
- Social Work Scholarships University of Nevada
- School of Social Work Scholarships Boston University
Social Work Fellowships
- NASW Foundation Fellowships
- Post-MSW Fellowships Michigan Social Work
- Scholarships and Fellowships University of Pittsburgh
- Social Work Fellowships Boston Children’s Hospital
- Postgraduate Fellowship in Social Work Yale School of Medicine
- Society for Social Work and Research Fellowship
- Social Work Post-Masters Fellowship University of Colorado
- PHD in Social Work Fellowships Fordham University
- Addiction Social Work Fellowship
- Post-MSW Graduate Fellowship EMORY
Social Work Conferences
- National Association of Social Workers Conferences
- International Association for Social Work with Groups, inc. International Conferences
- European Conference on Social Work Education
- Australian Association for Social Workers Events
- Social Work Conference Medical University of South Carolina
- Social Work Conference Western New England Conference
- Social Work in the City Conference National Association of Social Workers
- National Child Protection and Welfare Social Work Conference
- The National Association of Perinatal Social Workers Annual Conference
- Annual Social Work Conference Saint Leo University
Social Work Relevant Accounts on Twitter
Social Work is Not a Degree or Profession: It Is A Mission
Social work is about making change, empowering, and promoting justice. Social work is not only about rehabilitation, psychological and social assistance. It is more about advocating for clients' better interests and making justice happen; it is about empowering people to change their lives and change the society around them.
Do you think about a career in social work? Then be ready to devote time and energy to help people stand up and overcome challenges, make a difference in their lives.
Degree Programs in Social Work
Academic programs in social work enjoy vast popularity in the US and Europe. They are especially prestigious in countries of Northern Europe. Social work degree programs usually qualify to practice as a social worker, but graduates need additional licenses to practice in some countries.
Undergraduate programs in social work offer high standard curricula, which focuses on delivering general knowledge on:
- Practice and theory of social work,
- social, family and child psychology,
- human rights and dignity,
- ethics, etc.
Graduate degree programs on social work mix theoretical disciplines with practical skills to prepare students for careers or further doctoral studies. Those who are active in research and scholarship can benefit from a range of Ph.D. programs available for international students. Ph.D. programs engage students in the vibrant academic community to influence social policies and social services through research and innovative approaches.
Career application of Social Work
Throughout studies in the Social work academic programs, students develop the skills necessary to empower families and communities and understand the hidden patterns behind human psychology and behavior. In general, a social worker is the right person to refer to if you meet social injustice, such as discrimination, unemployment, poverty, etc.
The main impact areas of the Social work graduates include:
- Civil rights
- Worker's Compensation
- Child Abuse, etc.
However, graduates of social work programs do not necessarily work as social workers. Many of them engage in the public sector to oversee the implementation of social policies and services.
Before choosing if the Social work careers are suitable for you, check your character against stress resilience, tolerance, empathy, patience, and professionalism. As a Social worker, you will deal with society's layers who have the most psychological traumas. So, your both communication and work nature won't be an ordinary one.
It can even be stated that the profession of Social worker is the one you can't pursue unless you truly love it. It's hard, both physically, psychologically, and mentally. Meantime, the specialty of Social workers is one of the most rewarding.
Social workers' potential employment spots include those areas where people might need help: generally everywhere. Field professionals work in municipalities, schools, military services, health institutions, etc.
It's important to note that your education degree will usually limit the level of responsibility you can handle in practical life. Particularly, to be employed in a social worker's position, a bachelor's in the discipline is completely enough. But you can't go ahead and conduct social programs independently with BSW.
For more advanced levels of receiving state licensure of independent working, you will also need to upgrade your education. In this regard, graduate degrees are a must. For example, a Master of Social works will grant you the opportunity to a clinical licensed social worker. A doctorate in Social Work will unlock your working opportunities to conduct large-scale social programs related to solving the most sensitive social problems.
Why Use ARMACAD for Social Work?
Our multi-functional portal has compiled hundreds of degree, certificate, and online programs on social work and put together a big list of scholarships and fellowships for international students. Make sure to explore this incredible list of academic and professional opportunities, workshops, and conferences.