Conflict Studies Scholarships
- The University of Sydney Peace and Conflict Studies Postgraduate Scholarship Fund
- University of Otago National Center for Peace and Conflict Studies Scholarships
- University of Bradford Peace Studies and International Development Scholarship
- University of Waterloo Peace and Conflict Studies Scholarships, Awards and Contests
- Winthrop University Peace, Justice, and Conflict Resolution Scholarship
- University of Toronto Trudeau Centre for Peace, Conflict and Justice Undergraduate Awards and Scholarships
- The Heller School for Social Policy and Management Scholarships, Fellowships, Internships, and Grants Toward the Conflict-Related Field
- George Mason University Peace and Conflict Resolution Scholarships and Funding
- Kent State University Legacy Scholarships for Peace and Conflict Studies Majors
- Menno Simons College Academic Scholarships and Bursaries in the Conflict Resolution Studies
Conflict Studies Fellowships
- Willamette University National Fellowships for Undergraduate/Graduate Students in Peace Studies and/or Conflict Resolution Studies
- SSRC Conflict Research Fellowship
- LSE Conflict Research Fellowships
- IRIS Peace & Conflict Fellows
- ASU Center for the Study of Religion and Conflict Undergraduate Research Fellows Program
- Penn Identity & Conflict Lab Postdoctoral Fellowship
- The Elliott of International Affairs Predoctoral Fellowship Application
- Butler University Peace and Conflict Studies Fellowships, Scholarships and Awards
- PRIO Global Fellows Program
- University of Ghent the Conflict Research Group Doctoral Fellow
Conflict Studies Conferences
- Tomorrow People Organization Peace and Conflict Resolution Conference
- Wisconsin Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies Conference
- International Association for Conflict Management Conference
- University of Denver The Conflict Resolution Institute News & Events
Conflict Studies relevant accounts on Twitter
Overview of Conflict Studies Discipline
Conflict is unavoidable. Moreover, it's the necessary component of development in life. The results we extract from conflict and the way we approach it significantly matter. That's the primary purpose of Conflict studies: prepare professionals who demonstrate exceptional critical thinking when dealing with conflict. The discipline is about exploring all the conflict components, studying the conflict dynamics, and developing successful approaches to deal with it.
As the main study object of Conflict studies, conflict can be related to any level: conflict between individuals, a conflict between nations, and even conflicts between humans and the surrounding environment. The vast majority of global crises are the consequences of disruptions that arise due to conflicts of interest. The inability of the conflict sides to effectively negotiate around the problematic issue to develop a solution leads to deeper issues. That's why it's necessary to have professionals who view such situations with a purely academic approach, with the predefined rules of regulation mechanisms.
Therefore, Conflict studies can be defined as a discipline with solid connections to diplomatic and psychological aspects of life.
Peace & Conflict Studies
Your searches in Conflict studies academic programs will often lead you to Peace & Conflict studies. Those two academic directions both co-exist in single programs and separately. Usually, Conflict studies deal with the more central parts of problematic situations. They play a crucial role in resolving the situation when conflict is happening in the present, near future, or past. Peace studies are more about the regulation mechanisms after the conflicting situations or long before they arise to implement effective prevention mechanisms.
However, in most of the academic program's definitions, you will find conflict prevention, peace perseverance, and similar phenomena as the main study areas. Therefore, this division mainly depends on individual educational institution's choices.
ARMACAD collected opportunities for each discipline individually in this section and the section of Peace studies. If you plan to focus on any of them separately, those opportunities will be an excellent point to start.
Conflict Studies | How to Resolve Conflicts Without Violence?
Conflict studies is a multidisciplinary program that explores the roots and causes of conflicts between humans, countries, and alliances. Academic programs offer to explore conflicts from various political science perspectives, international relations, globalization, forced migration, organized crime, etc. The conflict arising between humans is one of the dimensions of this program, and it drives students into the field of psychology.
Bachelor's programs in conflict studies help students explore the role of international organizations and other peacemakers in resolving conflicts, as well as links between conflicts and development, non-violent means of conflict resolution. Master degree students acquire more specialized knowledge in conflict resolution through developing critical and analytical thinking. The courses that graduate students can take include political thought and analysis, human security and human rights, media studies, and international politics.
Skills development is an integral part of both bachelor's and master's programs in conflict studies. Students participate in various personal development training, such as mediation, negotiations, leadership, resolution, etc.
Students of Ph.D. programs on conflict studies engage in individual research on various dimensions of peace and conflicts and military and non-violent means of conflict resolution. Ph.D. program is an excellent chance for those interested in vibrant academic or research careers and contributing to conflict prevention and peacemaking global efforts.
Conferences, Workshops and Other Events on Conflict Studies
Workshops, conferences, and symposiums bring together scholars and academics, students and practitioners, representatives of the non-profit sector. Participants of these events discuss current challenges to peace and sustainable development, military intervention alternatives in resolving conflicts, and many other issues that the global agenda prioritizes today.
Conflict Studies Research and other Career Applications
The skills gained during the Conflict studies or Peace & Conflict studies might sound too abstract, yet they have many practical applications. In contrast with other, more exact spheres, such as accounting, finance, etc., here students learn approaches, mindset, combination of rules, and methods. Generally, as conflicts happen everywhere, specialists who deal with them are also in demand almost everywhere. You might implement your conflict resolution skills in spheres like management, public administration, politics, diplomacy, etc.
The main areas where Conflict study graduates utilize their skills include Violence prevention, Justice & healing, Conflict response, and transformation, Structural and Institutional Change, Consultancy, Non-profit organizations & volunteering, etc.
Conflict studies research should ideally equally focus on all areas of life, as it's about the regulation of the existing conflict and the prevention of potential situations in the future. However, there are many locations, nations, and spheres of life which suffer significantly more at certain times than others. So, the Conflict researchers' task is to both concentrate on the world's most alarming issues or identify the new ones to justify their importance and invite the attention of the scholarly community to develop solutions.
Within the mentioned scope of Conflict studies research opportunities, you will find more precise topics in your chosen university. The study directions might vary based on the location of your university, as each part of the globe is more focused on the issues closely related to them. Below, you might find some popular Conflict studies research topics in higher educational institutions in recent years.
- Prospects for Regional Security
- Implications for Nigeria's National Development
- Civil-Military Relations in a Democracy
- The Role of Non-Governmental Organizations in Peace Building
- Improving Organization Efficiency Through Conflict Resolution and Management
- Conflict Management for Effective Performance in an Organization
- Religious Conflicts
- The Ukraine-Russia Conflict Signals and Scenarios for the Broader Region
- Peace Education: International Perspectives
- The EU Internal-External Security Link: Thinking and Acting Strategically in the Neighbourhood
- Gas Resources in the Eastern Mediterranean
Find Your Conflict Resolution Program with ARMACAD!
Do not lose your time and visit ARMACAD for a thorough and productive search of a degree and non-degree programs on conflict resolution, contests and awards, short-term training, and internship opportunities.