Environmental Studies: A Global Perspective
Learn the fundamentals of environmental studies as you explore global and local communities and determine solutions to environmental challenges.
About this course
This environmental studies course is intended to introduce you to some of the basic principles in environmental studies, and how those are manifested in urban, rural and natural areas throughout the world.
Through observation, discussion, and creation of digital content, you will explore and share environmental challenges facing your local environment and create a global learning and action community.
Rather than simply offering a long list of the problems we face, this course will take a solutions-focused approach.
What you'll learn
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- List and define fundamental terms and concepts in environmental studies
- Describe the ways that human use of resources impacts the environment
- Analyse and compare environmental issues in different parts of the world
- Apply environmental studies principles to evaluate your community, and identify and recommend solutions to local challenges
- Share stories and findings about your local (natural and built) environment