Call For Papers
The 5th International Conference on Health Information Science (HIS 2016) provides a forum for disseminating and exchanging multidisciplinary research results in computer science/information technology and health science & services. HIS 2016 aims to integrate computer science/information technology with health sciences & services, embracing information science research coupled with topics related to the modelling, design, development, integration, and management of health information systems and health services. It covers all aspects of the health information sciences and the systems that support this health information management and health service delivery.
The scope includes:
1. Medical/health/biomedicine information resources, such as patient medical records, devices and equipment, software and tools to capture, store, retrieve, process, analyse, optimize the use of information in the health domain;
2. Data management, data mining, and knowledge discovery (in health domain), all of which play a key role in decision making, management of public health, examination of standards, privacy and security issues;
3. Development of new architectures and applications for health information systems.
Topics include, but not limited to:
• Information systems including electronic health records, hospital information systems, data exchange and integration •Health service delivery, workflow
•Data mining, knowledge discovery, decision making support •System interoperability, ontology and standardization •Bioinformatics
•Biomedical informatics, Imaging informatics •Telemedicine, Health data management
•Health database and information-system integration •Health information extraction & services
•Health information-system design, & development
•Health information visualization
•Support tools and languages for health information-system development
•Information system interface
•Data integration, Data processing
•Data federation, sharing, and mining
•E-health care delivery
•Distributed computing, Pervasive computing •Information storage and retrieval
•Integration of heterogeneous information sources
We solicit your submissions in English for unpublished research papers on any aspect of the health information sciences and systems.
May 8, 2016: Research paper submissions due (due to the Easter Holiday and many requests, the submission deadline is extended to May)
June 28, 2016: Notification
July 20, 2016: Revised Submission July 25, 2016: Notification
August 14, 2016: Camera-ready due Workshop proposal: Feb 10, 2016
What to submit
Papers should be submitted in LNCS (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) format (style files are available at LNCS Authors Instructions) as PostScript or PDF files, and may not exceed 12 pages for regular paper, industry papers up to 6 pages.
How to submit
HIS 2016 is using the EasyChair conference management system. See the submission website at "Further official information" link below this article.
Please submit your research papers and follow the instructions on the web page. The submission deadline is May 8, 2016.
Every research paper submitted to HIS 2016 will undergo a peer reviewing process, and all accepted papers will be incorporated into the conference program. Every accepted research paper will be presented as a "research oral."
- General Co-Chairs: Lei Liu
Uwe Aickelin Yanchun Zhang
- PC Co-Chairs: Xiaoxia Yin James Geller Ye Li
- Fudan University, China
The University of Nottingham, UK Victoria University, Australia / Fudan University, China
- Victoria University, Australia
New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology of Chinese Academy of Science, China
- Industry Program Co-Chairs:
Chaoyi Pang Zhejiang University, China Publicity co-chair:
- Juanying Xie Shaanxi Normal University, China Conference Organising Chair:
Hua Wang Victoria University, Australia Workshop Chair:
- Haolan Zhang Zhejiang University (NIT), China Publication & Website Chair:
Rui Zhou Victoria University, Australia Local Arrangement Chair:
- Shanfeng Zhu Fudan University, China
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: