I International Conference on Research in Multilingualism: Innovation and New Challenges
Conference and Exhibition Centre, Oviedo, 14 – 16 March 2018
The Research group Applied Linguistics to the Teaching and Learning of Foreign Languages and Cultures (ALCE), in collaboration with the University of Oviedo and the Education and Culture Department of the Government of the Principality of Asturias is pleased to announce the upcoming FIRST INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON RESEARCH IN MULTILINGUALISM: INNOVATION AND NEW CHALLENGES. The meeting will be held on 14th-16th March 2018 at the Oviedo Congress and Exhibitions Palace in Asturias, Spain.
The expansion of bilingual and multilingual education in an increasingly globalised world involves a series of intrinsic challenges to which both teachers and students respond with changes and innovations – technological, methodological or procedural – with respect to the traditional model of teachinglearning. In parallel with this, it also offers an interesting field of study to undertake research in the learning of a language in all its domains – linguistic, social, or cultural – not only from theoretical approaches, but also to develop areas of improvement and good practice.
This conference would like to connect the world of actual teaching in the classroom to that of educational design and linguistic policy, and all of them to the empirical research in the learning and acquisition of one or several languages and cultures in linguistic immersion contexts. For this reason, the conference is of interest to those who are in contact with any aspect of learning one or several foreign languages in any educational level, or those who wish to do so in a near future.
- Ute Smit (Universität Wien, Austria)
- Emma Dafouz (Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
- Ana Ruiz (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
We welcome original papers (20 minutes in length, followed by 10 minutes for questions and discussion), and posters (these will be presented on a single session) on any of the subjects that come within the list of the topics below:
- Studies in relation with bilingual education and multilingualism
- Linguistic policies in the European Framework for Higher Education
- Reconceptualization of methodological models
- (e)-Teacher training
- Innovation experiences in Foreign Language Didactics
- (e)-innovation in the European Framework for Higher Education
- Intercultural research
Proposals must be sent as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the website form (see below) before 30th September 2017, including a Word/PDF file with the following information:
- Paper title and abstract (250 to 300 words) written in any of the official languages of the conference (English, French, German, or Spanish)
- Author(s)’ name(s) and affiliation(s); E-mail address(es); a short biodata (50-150 words)
- Keywords: between 3 and 5 key words to specify the fields of the proposal
Notification of acceptance of the proposals will be sent by 31st October 2017, followed by an invitation to submit a longer version (no longer than 8 pages), to be published in the Book of the Conference (not proceedings). Registration of at least one of the authors is necessary for the presentation and publication of the proposal.
- Speakers (paper or poster), 100 € (until 31/12/2017), 120 € (until 31/01/2018)
- Attendants 50 € (until 31/12/2017), 65 € (until 02/03/2018)
- Student from the University of Oviedo (2017-2018, please include your UO number), 25 € (until 02/03/2018)
Publication and certificates:
The abstracts and/or extended summaries of the proposals accepted will be published as an e-book with ISBN (not proceedings) by the Publication Service of the University of Oviedo.
A selection of papers will be published in a collection edited in paper (with ISBN) by the specialised academic publishing house Peter Lang. To this end, a revision and expansion of the paper, which should not exceed 15 pages, will be requested by the organising committee. Instructions will be given upon notification of selection.
The organising committee will issue Certificates of Speaker and Attendance for 30 hours, to be recognised as free-elective credits by the University community, and as training credits by the different public educational organisms.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: