Call for Papers:
- Last date for submission of abstracts: 15th February 2016
- Co-hosted by the Centre for Trust, Peace and Social Relations (CTPSR), Coventry University and the Muslims in Britain Research Network (MBRN)
- Islam and Peaceful Relations, 5th April 2016, Coventry University
The conference will explore themes including:
- Theological and sociological constructs and definitions of Islam and peace
- Contemporary debates, including the role of the digital world
- Interfaith and Inter-cultural dialogue
- Intra-faith dialogue across diverse Muslim denominations and traditions
- Local ramifications of international events and initiatives
- Develop a narrative of Islam and peace
Abstracts & Proposals:
To submit a proposal:
- Please submit a title and abstract of no more than 300 words, indicating whether it is a paper / panel / workshop / poster presentation.
- Please include names and short biographies (150 words maximum) of the presenter/s, institutional affiliation/s (if relevant), and contact details.
- Proposals should be sent to the conference administrator Charlotte Martin via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: 5pm on Monday 15th February 2016.
- Successful participants will be notified by 29th February 2016.
- A registration fee of £20 will apply for all speakers and delegates.
- A reduced fee of £15 will apply for students, representatives of voluntary organisations and those not in paid employment.
- Further details about the registration process will be circulated and posted on this website in February 2016.
CTPSR, Coventry University
Dr Sariya Cheruvallil-Contractor (email@example.com)
Dr Kristin Aune (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dilwar Hussain (email@example.com)
Charlotte Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Prof Sophie Gilliat-Ray
Dr Carl Morris
Contact the MBRN team via email@example.com