Today the problem of language vitality is one of the important issue of modern theoretical and practical sociolinguistics. We are pleased to invite scholars, students and stakeholders from across the multidisciplinary field of endangered languages.
The Conference is organized by the Giorgi Akhvlediani Society for the History of Linguistics andIvane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University. The conference is organized under the auspices ofCIPL, Comite International Permament des Linguistes.
The conference will be held 20-24 October, 2016 at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (Tbilisi, Georgia).
Call for Papers:
The aim of the conference is to gather the researchers working on the problems on endangered languages in different countries or regions. We welcome the papers focusing on diverse topic areas from individual case studies to methodological considerations. The main themes of the conference are:
- Language endangerment and endangered Languages
- Types and extent of Language Endangerment
- Attitude of governments and majority language speakers feel about language endangerment
- Policy and planning of endangered Languages
- Documentation of endangered languages
- Preservation and/or revitalization of endangered languages
- Databases of endangered Languages
- Structure of endangered languages and their relevance for the field of theoretical linguistics and language typology
- Education on endangered languages
- Strategies and learning tools for endangered Languages
- Besides that we welcome other topics related with the endangered languages.
Editorial Board of the Conference:
Bernhard Hurch, University of Graz, Austria
Reinier Salverda, University College London
Executive Board of the Conference:
Camiel Hamans, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland
Tinatin Bolkvadze, Giorgi Akhvlediani Society for the history of linguistics, Tbilisi State University
Deadline for Receipt of Abstracts: August 15, 2016
Notification of Acceptance: August 20, 2016
Program Announcement: August 25, 2016.