Background of Organisation
The Central European Initiative (CEI), founded in Budapest on 11 November 1989, is a regional intergovernmental forum committed to supporting European integration through cooperation between and among its Member States and with the European Union (EU), other interested public institutions or private and non-governmental organisations (NGOs), as well as international and regional organisations. In order to offer a solid contribution to European integration, the CEI combines multilateral diplomacy and project management, both as donor and recipient. Its institutional and geographical position enables the CEI to act as a bridge between European macro-regions. The CEI membership consists of 10 EU countries and 8 non-EU countries: Albania, Austria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia, and Ukraine.
The new CEI logo should be an elaboration of the current one. It will have to be simple, modern, energetic and innovative. The logo must include both the letters of the “CEI” (or the letters can be placed next to the logo) and the full name of the Organisation. It should represent the following concepts: An Organisation, made up of 18 Member States, fostering regional cooperation for European integration. The logo shall be easily recognisable and, as such, should stand out and be different from other logos. The design should be in colour, but should also be usable in black & white. The specific colours that need to be included in the design are white, blue and yellow. Candidates may also submit a variant with other colours.
The Competition is open only to legal residents of the 18 CEI Member States, individuals and companies or entities specialised in communication and graphic design. By entering this Competition, Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules. 4. Rules This document describes the Rules of CEI Logo Competition organised by the CEI Executive Secretariat (“CEIES”). The object of this competition is to design a logo for the CEI. Information on how to enter and about the prizes is part of these Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Rules prevail. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the CEI.
Detailed Design Requirements
- Due to the requirements for high quality printing and re-sizing, Entries must be submitted in scalable vector graphic format (EPS).
- The logo needs to contain the letter sequence of the “CEI” (or the letters can be placed next to the logo) and the full name of the Organisation. It may or may not have a tagline which succinctly describes the mission of the Organisation. The Organisation reserves the right to accept the tagline, but reject the logo.
- We advise against the use of halftones and gradients unless created inside a vector graphics programme.
- Colour in this version must be white, blue and yellow, no spot colours.
- No more than these three colours.
- We require a black & white version to accompany a colour version.
- The logo needs to be recognisable when printed as small as 1.5 cm. and as large as 150 cm.
- Do not use more than two fonts.
- Logo submissions may not contain copyrighted or proprietary images, including the current logo. This means no clip art files or stock images. You must create these elements from scratch if they are used.
- JPGs must be at least 300 dpi in density and 1200x1200 dpi of the logo are also requested so that entries can be posted to the CEI web site without the need for conversion.
- The logo should not be too vertical or horizontal in orientation.
- Consider contemporary trends in logo design, but remain timeless.
- Be adaptable to multiple uses. The logo will appear on the Organisation’s website, social media, promotional materials, and other media as deemed appropriate by the CEI. The logo should not lose impact or legibility when substantially reduced.
The winner will be awarded with a total amount of 1,000 EUR.
How to enter
Entries must be submitted in electronic format (Subject: Call for New CEI Logo Design) to the CEI Executive Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic in EPS format and also as a JPG. Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out above. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected. shall be submitted The email must include the name, age, institution, postal address, phone number/s and email address of the Entrant (use attached submission form). We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in email. By submitting, the Entrant of any candidate logo gives ownership of the logo design to the Central European Initiative.
All entry designs will be screened and those that comply with the Rules and have met the guidelines and specifications, will be judged by the CEI staff. Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, adherence to the concept prompting the competition, quality of design, and ease of reproduction for the purposes stated above. When the CEI-ES has a shortlist of Entries, the winner will be determined by the CEI Committee of National Coordinators. The winner will be notified by email. In the event that no entry is selected, the CEI reserves the right to declare no winner and run the competition again at a later date.
Prize winner notification
The winner will be announced and the logo revealed approximately in November.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.