The International Association for Political Science Students is herewith launching a Call for Applications for the position of Media Coordinator. The Media Coordinator is a position within the IAPSS Department of Public Relations and International Cooperation and will be in charge of various tasks related to the public outreach of the Association. Responsibilities range from the management and continuous development of the social media, the websites and other online representations of IAPSS.
The position requires:
- a high degree of mutual responsibility, motivation, self-initiative and dedication, combined with reliability and flexibility with regards to the work in a highly international environment with a strong intercultural competence;
- excellent command of the English language (spoken and written);
- current enrolment in a political science or related programme (of any educational level incl. undergraduate or graduate studies or a PhD position);
- affinity with WordPress, mail campaign software (e.g. Mailchimp) and other content management systems (CMS);
- strong communication skills with an extensive understanding of creativity, the various facets of public relations and digital means of communication;
- experienced in and willing to work with a high degree of organizational and conceptual freedom, but punctual and committed to adhere to work-related frameworks
Occupying the position implies that you are a member of IAPSS at the moment of your installment. IAPSS membership embraces a wide range of benefits and services and comes at a student-friendly rate of either 10 or 15 EUR p.a. depending on your country of origin. Discounted rates are available for two-year memberships.
Apply until July 15th, 2015!
Do you think you have what it takes to support the IAPSS Executive Committee in its media management? Are you thrilled by the idea of combining your fascination for political science and international relations with a state-of-the-art and creative approach to public relations? Then apply NOW! Please send your letter of motivation (max. 2 pages) referring to your experiences, skills and interests, your CV (min. 1,5 pages, no photograph) and a creative proposal for contemporary social media work (max. 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than July 15th, 2015.
All applicants will be notified within 7 working days from July 15th. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype interview. The instalment will take place on August 1st, 2015.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of further questions or inquiries at email@example.com, to the attention of Riina Bhatia
On behalf of the IAPSS Executive Committee,
Head of International Cooperation and Public Relations
International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS)
Thomas van Aquinostraat 5 | Postbox 9108, 6500HK | Nijmegen | The Netherlands in firstname.lastname@example.org