The mission of the Central Eurasian Studies Society is to facilitate communication and interaction among scholars of the Central Eurasia region, and in doing so to promote high standards of scholarship and instruction about the Central Eurasia region, to promote cooperation among persons and organizations concerned with the scholarly study of Central Eurasia, and to promote general knowledge of and public interest in Central Eurasia.
Those presenting on topics related to the promotion and protection of open society values -- including (but not limited to) respect for human rights and the rule of law, the development of civil society, women's and minority empowerment, and the promotion of fairness and inclusion in political, economic, educational, and health care systems -- are particularly encouraged to apply. Priority will go to applicants from any of the post-Soviet states of Eurasia who demonstrate:
- a record of high-quality scholarship in the English language;
- a record or strong promise of fostering public discussions in the scholar's home context;
- a record or strong promise of advancing institution-building in the scholar's home context by promoting quality academic scholarship;
- strong promise for a productive scholarly career;
- compelling financial need.
Please submit applications of no more than 1000 words that clearly address the priorities listed above to email@example.com no later than September 1, 2016.
For more information on application please click on the "Further official information" link below.