Post‐Doctoral Fellow opportunity in “Carbon Nanotubes‐based biomaterials for Neuroregeneration and MR Imaging follow‐up of the Recovery”
Deadline: September 15th 2017
Duration: 2 years
Starting date: as late as December 2017
One post‐doctoral position is available in CIC biomaGUNE (San Sebastián, Spain) under the upervision of Prof. Maurizio Prato, leader of the Carbon Bionanotechnology group, and Prof. Pedro Ramos, leader of the Magnetic Resonance Imaging Lab.
The objective of this fully‐funded 2‐year post‐doctoral fellowship is, in a first stage, to develop innovative 3D scaffolds based on carbon nanomaterials and conjugated polymers for neuronal tissue regeneration and, in a second stage, use magnetic resonance imaging techniques to follow up the recovery of the neuronal tissue after implantation in an animal model of disease. The project is developed in collaboration with the research neuroscience center Achucarro (Bilbao, Spain) and SISSA (Trieste, Italy). The applicant will be responsible of the synthetic part, of the magnetic resonance studies (in coordination with the MRI platform personnel of biomaGUNE) and of the collaborative work with the different institutions, as well as of the supervision of PhD students.
General requirements for all candidates:
- PhD Degree in Chemistry obtained before 1 November 2017
- Experience in organic synthesis and chemistry of materials are essential
- High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team
- Co‐authorship of publications and participation in research projects
- High level of spoken and written English
- Writing, editing, and submitting research manuscripts experience
Other appreciated qualities:
• Additional experience and knowledge in electrochemistry, polymer chemistry, characterization techniques and nanotechnology
• Experience and/or knowledge in cell culture
• Guiding research projects experience
• Supervision of undergraduate, master or PhD students skills
• Communication skills
Candidates should submit an application together with a motivation letter, their CV, and the contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “303 PostDoc” in the e‐mail subject.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: