A journalist fellowship program organized by Belarus country office of Konrad Adenauer Stiftung
Konrad Adenauer Foundation (KAS) calls students and young professionals in the field of journalism or social media from Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine and Russia who are interested in political topics and civic engagement to join its new fellowship program “Eastern Partnership Young Journalist Network”.
WHY DOES KAS OFFER THIS FELLOWSHIP?
Looking at the current relations between the societies of the European Union and the societies of the Eastern region one has to state that these societies already possess a number of cooperation areas with partly long-lasting and substantial ties. However recent challenges in the region showed that this collaboration should be even intensified in order to keep track of the closer collaboration of the societies of these countries with the EU, to support reform-orientated networks in these countries and to contribute to a peaceful development of the region.
This calls for a more strategic and systematic way of contact-building in order not only to bind the societies in the region with the societies of the European Union. What is also needed is a more substantial contact network within the societies of European Eastern neighborhood countries. Our aim hence is to strengthen the contacts amongst young generations in the field of journalism in the Eastern neighborhood region of the European Union.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Starting in autumn 2016 we invite upcoming media elites to build connections and foster relations with their counterparts from other states of the Eastern neighborhood countries of the European Union as well as with societies in the European Union.
For this KAS offers a systematic series of seminars and workshops in different countries in the Eastern neighborhood of the EU as well as in the European Union itself. We provide the participating journalists and social media activists with a complex of theoretical and practical inputs on the European Union and the Eastern neighborhood policy. After comprehensive trainings within workshops together with high ranking practitioners from media and politics the participants will produce an up-to-date journalistic output themselves. This content can be afterwards used either for personal publications in the home countries of the participants or for common cross-border publications.
We intend to build a long-lasting network of like-minded upcoming journalists within the Eastern neighborhood of the EU.
- Bring participants in contact with high-ranking politicians and famous journalists from the Eastern Partnership region and the European Union to strengthen their contact network;
- Integrate participants into our fellowship program “Eastern partnership young journalist” together with counterparts from your neighboring countries;
- Offer multiple seminars in order to systematically train knowledge and understanding of the EU;
- Offer series of workshops training participants’ practical skills in media production and modern journalistic techniques;
- Cover all expenses on travel costs, accommodation and meals during our events;
- Provide a Schengen visa if necessary;
- Give participants opportunities to publish in the multiple think tank media
outlets of KAS or partner institutions;
- Integrate participants in the worldwide alumni program of KAS;
WHAT DO WE EXPECT FROM THE PARTICIPANTS?
- Age between 18 and 26;
- Citizenship of one of the following states: Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, Russia;
- A proven working experience in media production within traditional media or blogging or social media sphere;
- Civic engagement in NGOs, political parties, youth organizations;
- Commitment to the values of the European Union and KAS;
- Willingness to expand personal network and experience in the field of journalism and politics;
- Good command of English (at least level B2 in listening); Working language of the seminars/workshops will be English and Russian;
- A long-term commitment to continuous participation in the events within the fellowship program which will be held in different countries multiple times a year in the period from 2016 to 2018;
Preliminary schedule of the “Eastern Partnership Young Journalist Network” Fellowship Program:
- November 13-19, 2016 - Kick-off, Autumn School in Vilnius (Lithuania);
- April 16 - 22, 2017 - Workshop in Minsk or Gomel (Belarus);
- June 18-24, 2017 - Summer School I in Odessa (Ukraine);
- August 20-26, 2017 - Summer School II in Tbilisi (Georgia); November 22-25, 2017 - Study trip + Workshop in Brussels (Belgium).
The time and venue for the events within the program in the year 2018 are to be determined.
If you want to participate please apply to the link "Further official information" below this article.
Deadline for your applications: September 15, 2016
The program will be organized by the Belarus office of Konrad Adenauer Foundation. In case of any questions please contact Masha Kotsupalova via email@example.com.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: