A journalist fellowship program organized by Belarus country office of Konrad Adenauer Stiftung
Konrad Adenauer Foundation (KAS) calls students and young professionals in the field of journalism or social media from Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine and Russia who are interested in political topics and civic engagement to join its new fellowship program “Eastern Partnership Young Journalist Network”.
WHY DOES KAS OFFER THIS FELLOWSHIP?
Looking at the current relations between the societies of the European Union and the societies of the Eastern region one has to state that these societies already possess a number of cooperation areas with partly long-lasting and substantial ties. However recent challenges in the region showed that this collaboration should be even intensified in order to keep track of the closer collaboration of the societies of these countries with the EU, to support reform-orientated networks in these countries and to contribute to a peaceful development of the region.
This calls for a more strategic and systematic way of contact-building in order not only to bind the societies in the region with the societies of the European Union. What is also needed is a more substantial contact network within the societies of European Eastern neighborhood countries. Our aim hence is to strengthen the contacts amongst young generations in the field of journalism in the Eastern neighborhood region of the European Union.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT FROM THE PARTICIPANTS?
- Age between 18 and 26;
- Citizenship of one of the following states: Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, Russia;
- A proven working experience in media production within traditional media or blogging or social media sphere;
- Civic engagement in NGOs, political parties, youth organizations;
- Commitment to the values of the European Union and KAS;
- Willingness to expand personal network and experience in the field of journalism and politics;
- Good command of English (at least level B2 in listening); Working language of the seminars/workshops will be English and Russian;
- A long-term commitment to continuous participation in the events within the fellowship program which will be held in different countries multiple times a year in the period from 2016 to 2018;
Preliminary schedule of the “Eastern Partnership Young Journalist Network” Fellowship Program:
- November 13-19, 2016 - Kick-off, Autumn School in Vilnius (Lithuania);
- April 16 - 22, 2017 - Workshop in Minsk or Gomel (Belarus);
- June 18-24, 2017 - Summer School I in Odessa (Ukraine);
- August 20-26, 2017 - Summer School II in Tbilisi (Georgia); November 22-25, 2017 - Study trip + Workshop in Brussels (Belgium).
The time and venue for the events within the program in the year 2018 are to be determined.
If you want to participate please apply to the link "Further official information" below this article.
Deadline for your applications: September 15, 2016
The program will be organized by the Belarus office of Konrad Adenauer Foundation. In case of any questions please contact Masha Kotsupalova via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information click "Further official information" below.