Are you a student with ambitions to become a writer? Or perhaps you’re more advanced in age yet still dream about sharing your writing passion with others.
Whatever your story, this opportunity could be your big break.
We’re looking for a talented writer to support through the New Writer Scholarship 2015
The scholarship award is $4,000.
Who can participate?
- Anyone at least 16 years of age.
- Your submitted work (Short story/Poem/Blog post/Any written material you are proud of) cannot be published earlier as part of a printed book (a “book” is defined as having an ISBN), and your submission has not been submitted to any other printed material that may publish this same work).
- If you piece has been posted on a blog/website, you must include a page URL where the piece can be found online.
- The work must be in English (Your country of residence can be anywhere.)
- Only single individuals can apply. Submissions from a team of two or more will not be accepted.
* You can submit your work to other future competitions/scholarships once the winner is announced. We don’t have any right over your submitted work, nor will we publish it without your consent.
Your work can be written specifically for this scholarship or can already exist – it doesn’t matter! The important thing is that you have a desire to share your masterpiece with others.
*Please note that we reserve the right to disqualify participants that engage in unlawful or fraudulent behavior.
Here’s how it works:
You have until Nov 29, 2015 to submit your work using the form below.
The winner will be announced on December 23, 2015.
Who am I?
My name is Matthew Loomis and I’ve been a blogger, copywriter and ghostwriter for more than 10 years. In the past 3 years I have been helping many new writers build their own blog (a.k.a. online platform) and I have noticed something–the hardest step for a writer is to get noticed.
Everyone needs some help in the beginning. A little encouragement goes a long way.
For me, there were some key people who did provide that guidance and inspiration early in my writing career.
So I decided to “pay it forward” so to speak and do the same for others.
That’s why I want to give $4000 to someone who already has a flame of desire to be a professional writer and could benefit from someone coming along to stoke their fire.
This scholarship is for a budding writer who needs someone to believe in them.
I don’t mind if you want to write a poem, a short story or even your first blog post. A writer writes from their soul and the form of the writing can be done in many ways—whatever form you prefer.
Here is What Will Be Awarded
The winner will receive $4,000 via paypal/check/direct deposit.
What rights will you have over my work?
None. The only right we reserve is to publish the work that wins the Scholarship on BuildYourOwnBlog.net
Can I send more than one work?
Each participant can submit only one written work. Please share your best.
Who selects the winning work?
There is a team of writers and experts that will go over the applications to create a “short list” of the best work, and Matthew will then select the winner from the finalists.
What do you mean when you say “new writer” Do you mean “young”?
You can be 80 years old with zero published works. NEW means anyone wanting to become recognized for their writing ability and those who yearn for new opportunities to write for publication. We won’t automatically discard an application from someone who has years of experience, but we are not looking for published writers. Instead, we hope the applicants will be people with little to no published works, or those who have a blog lacking visitors. A general example of an ideal candidate would be someone retired from factory work and now they want to try out that writing habit kept secret for years. That is just one example. If you know your writing deserves more recognition, you are likely a good candidate.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: