ELTons Innovation Awards 2021 - Applications
Have you produced an innovative English language teaching or learning product, publication or service in the last two years? Make your submission to the ELTons Innovation Awards!
Now in their nineteenth year, The British Council ELTons Awards for innovation in English language teaching and learning celebrate the newest and most original courses, books, publications, apps, platforms, projects, and more, which find new ways to meet the real-life needs of English language learners and teachers around the world.
In the last year, professionals in the global English language teaching community have shown extraordinary resourcefulness, finding ways to limit the disruption to learners’ education, at an unparalleled pace. The ELTons 2021 is an opportunity to recognise and celebrate teams and individuals innovating against the odds.
We warmly welcome applications from organisations large and small, from: schools, universities, publishers and start-ups, to charities, associations and collectives. We also welcome innovators flying solo: authors, materials writers, teacher trainers, consultants, and more.
Last year, an impressive field of entries came from 45 countries across six continents, spanning the different needs of English language learners at every age, in diverse contexts.
The British Council is committed to making sure the ELTons Innovation Awards are inclusive and reflect the broad diversity of English language education around the world. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds.
The five ELTons award categories
Professionals in English language education around the world – educators, leaders, publishers, project managers, writers and authors – are invited to apply for the prestigious, international awards, across one of the five ELTons’ categories:
- Excellence in Course Innovation – Courses using a fresh variety of content, formats, or media, to help learners achieve stretching levels of English language proficiency.
- Innovation in Teacher Resources – Resources supporting English language teaching professionals, whether through teacher training, education, or Continuing Professional Development.
- Innovation in Learner Resources – Services, activities, materials or works using innovative means to improve English language learners’ proficiency in vocabulary, grammar, fluency, receptive and productive skills, or vital language skills for study or for work.
- Digital Innovation – Use of digital technology or media – cutting edge technologies, or original use of existing technology – to benefit high-quality English language learning
- Local Innovation in partnership with Cambridge Assessment English – Resources or project innovating to meet specific, local needs, within local, national or regional contexts around the world
You can find the full descriptions of the five award categories and select the category your innovation fits best in the ELTons 2021 Application Guidance document at the bottom of this page.
Visit the ELTons 2020 web page to see last years’ winners and finalists.
ELTons Judges’ Commendations
In 2021, in addition to submitting your innovation into one of the ELTons’ five main award categories, you can also choose to put your entry forward to be considered for two special commendations, the ELTons Judges’ Commendations for:
- Environmental Sustainability and Climate Action (new for 2021)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
The two commendations are not separate award categories but are additional commendations given only to the finalists of the awards.
You can choose if you would like your entry to also be considered for the commendation in your application form. Please find further information about the ELTons’ commendation in the ELTons 2021 Application Guidance document at the bottom of this page.
Find out more about how to enter your innovation below – and we wish you the very best of luck.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: