ANNUAL BERNARD HAMILTON ESSAY PRIZE
In honour of the former president and current honorary president of the SSCLE, Professor Bernard Hamilton, and in recognition of his enormous contribution to the society and support of young scholars, the SSCLE will award an annual essay prize.
· The essay should be on any aspect of history, art history or archaeology of the Crusader period or otherwise relating to Crusader studies.
· Any current doctoral student, or an individual who is within two years of receiving their doctorate is eligible to enter the competition.
· The essay, excluding references and bibliography must not normally exceed 6,000 words and must conform with the editorial requirements of the SSCLE journal Crusades (available on the SSCLE webpage and in the Bulletin/Journal)).
· Essays submitted elsewhere for competitions or publication will not be eligible for the prize.
· The essays must be submitted as electronic copies as an e-mail attachment, to Professor Jonathan Phillips (email: J.P.Phillips@rhul.ac.uk) the SSCLE Postgraduate Officer, by 31 December 2018 (by 1 December in subsequent years)
· Essays should be accompanied by details of the author’s name, address (including email address), institutional affiliation and degree registration.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.