Artis International Internships
Artis International offers a competitive internship program for those interested in deepening their understanding of causation for politically motivated violence. Selected interns will have the opportunity to compete for research positions within Artis. Successful Artis interns are well positioned to enter top university programs or the related job market. Below are the specifics for the internship programs. Please note that non-citizens of the United States who make an internship application will be required to handle their own Visa related requirements for travel to Washington DC and must provide related evidence to Artis once internship selections are made.
You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- The research application, resume or CV and two letters of reference (one academic and one professional) must be submitted via the form or to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2016.
- The application must take the form of a research proposal (maximum of 500 words). The proposal should describe the research, including an overview, description of the target population(s) and the study implications for science and policy.
- Research proposals should focus on understanding pathways to or from politically motivated violence by individuals or groups.
- Interns are required to conduct their research between the time they are selected for the program and September 30, 2016.
- On September 30, 2016, interns will submit their research papers (describing the results of the study). All papers must have been reviewed by at least one other intern.
- Artis staff will select research papers for publication on the Artis website.
- Interns selected for publication will be awarded with the title of Research Assistant or Research Fellow and will be given the opportunity to contribute to ongoing research at Artis.
Other Important Information
- Artis does not pay interns.
- Artis will only cover the hotel and food expenses at the workshop.
- Interns selected for publication will be promoted within Artis and be eligible to work as a paid researcher.