OPEN CALL FOR THE 11th ARTE LAGUNA PRIZE
International art award
Open to all
The Arte Laguna Prize is an international free-themed art competition aimed at enhancing Contemporary Art. The contest stands out in the global art scene for the growing variety of its partnerships and opportunities offered to artists, and is recognized worldwide as a real springboard for the artists' career.
The contests includes the categories: painting, sculpture and installation, photography, video art and performance, land art, virtual art and digital graphics.
An international jury will select 125 finalist artists for:
- 6 cash prizes of € 42,000
- a major Exhibition in the Arsenale of Venice
- 5 exhibitions in international Art Galleries
- 5 collaborations with Companies
- 9 Art Residencies
- 3 International Festivals
- publication of the catalogue
ALL THE INFORMATION IN OUR VIDEO
WHAT THE ARTISTS WIN
- € 7.000,00 Painting
- € 7.000,00 Sculpture and Installation
- € 7.000,00 Photographic Art
- € 7.000,00 Video Art and Performance
- € 7.000,00 Virtual Art and Digital Graphics
- € 7.000,00 Land Art
Organization of 5 exhibitions in international Art Galleries, including setting up, vernissage and catalogue
- Salamatina Gallery, Atlanta USA
- Galerie Isabelle Lesmeister, Regensburg Germany
- Galeria Fernando Santos, Porto Portugal
- ART re.FLEX Gallery, Saint Petersburg Russia
- Chelouche Gallery for Contemporary Art, Tel Aviv Israel
Art Residency program in Italy and abroad aimed at providing a space and time to experience a new culture, create new works and participate in new activities in a multicultural environment.
- GLO’ART, Lanaken Belgium
- Basu Foundation for the Arts, Kolkata India
- Taipei Artist Village, Taipei Taiwan
- Berengo Foundation, Murano Italy
- Espronceda, Barcelona Spain
- Artistic Foundry Salvadori Arte, Pistoia Italy
- Artistic Serigraphy Fallani, Venice Italy
- San Francisco Art Residency, San Francisco USA
- The Art Department - Casa dell’Arte International Artists' Residency, Bodrum Turkey
Selection of 5 creative projects for the collaboration with 5 companies
- Deglupta: € 5,000 and design for a new collection of bags and accessories
- Rima Sofa & Beds: € 5,000 and creation of promotional videos, images for advertising campaigns and designs for soft furniture
- Papillover Art Collection: € 1,000 and new designs for a limited edition of bow ties
- Eurosystem: € 5,000 and making of a video enhancing the art-technology relationship
- Biafarin: 10 Gold Membership Packages + US$ 4,000 to 4 selected artists (US$ 1,000 each)
Selection of 1 creative project including design, photography, video art and performance, etc. which enhances paper/cardboard and cellulose packaging as part of the RRR strategies (Reuse, Recycle, Reduce).
Prize of 3,000 euro for the winning project.
Selection of 12 artists for the participation in collective events in a network where artists, visibility, and new projects meet.
- Art Stays, Ptuj Slovenia
- Art Nova 100, Beijing China
- Open International Exhibition of Sculptures and Installations, Venice Italy
SPECIAL VENUE FOR THE FINALISTS EXHIBITION
The major collective exhibition will take place in the historical location of the Arsenale in Venice in March 2017, a reference point in the art world.
The prestigious venue in the lagoon city will host the exhibition of 30 works of painting, 30 sculptures and installations, 30 works of photographic art, 10 videos, 10 land art projects, 5 performances which will be performed live during the exhibition's opening ceremony.
DEDICATED VENUE FOR VIRTUAL ART & DIGITAL GRAPHICS
The 10 finalists from virtual art and digital graphics will be on view at the Future Centre, the Venice home of TIM, an incubator for developing new business opportunities for telecommunications and new technologies.
The selection of the artworks will be made by an international jury composed of high level experts:
- Museum directors
- Art critics
CURATOR AND HEAD OF JURY
Igor Zanti (Italy, Curator and Art Critic)
- Flavio Arensi (Italy, Art Critic)
- Manuel Borja-Villel (Spain, Director of National Museum Centro de Arte Reina Sofía in Madrid)
- Tamara Chalabi (Iraq, Chair and Co-Founder of Ruya Foundation)
- Paolo Colombo (Italy, Art Advisor for the Istanbul Museum of Modern Art)
- Suad Garayeva (Azerbaijan, Curatorial Director of YARAT Contemporary Art Centre's exhibitions and permanent collection)
- Ilaria Gianni (Italy, Curator and Art Critic)
- Nav Haq (Belgium, Senior Curator at M HKA – Museum of Contemporary Art Antwerp)
- Emanuele Montibeller (Italy, Artistic Director of Arte Sella in Trentino)
- Fatos Ustek (United Kingdom, Independent Curator and Writer)
- Alma Zevi (Italy, Curator and Writer)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE 11TH INTERNATIONAL ARTE LAGUNA PRIZE
APPLICATIONS OPEN APPLY NOW to the 11th Arte Laguna Prize, international free-themed art award based in Venice, aimed at enhancing Contemporary Art.
Tel. +39 041 5937242
STAY CONNECTED #artelagunaprize #premioartelaguna
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: