CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: ART OLYMPIA 2017, INTERNATIONAL OPEN ART COMPETITION
Art Olympia, a new international open art competition held once every two years, is open for applications. Art Olympia aims to promote exchanges between the world's various cultures through the arts, to discover young, talented artists, and to support them so that their global art careers may flourish.
In addition to the open category, Art Olympia has created a student category to support young artists (students will automatically participate in both categories). Two-dimensional artworks totalling approximately 180 pieces (80 pieces from Japan and 100 from outside of Japan) will be selected and undergo a final review in Tokyo by a panel of judges invited from all around the world.
The following entry criteria apply:
- The works must be two-dimensional, and either representational or abstract; accepted materials and formats are oil, acrylic, watercolour, pastel, mineral pigments, print, charcoal, digital/multimedia art, mixed media, photography, etc. Calligraphy, video, sculpture and group/collaborative works will not be accepted;
- They must be original works that have never been previously submitted to any other competition;
- Maximum size must be 117cm x 117cm, with no minimum size. Maximum depth is 10cm, including the frame. Maximum weight is 20kg.
- For protection purposes, the work entered must be framed. The frame must be deeper than the work and no wider than 8cm. Glass should not be used for framing, but acrylic glass is acceptable.
- The value of the work must be $2,000 or less.
Please note that entry fees apply: $60 for one image, $100 for two images and $140 for three images, with reduced entry fees for students: $40 for one image, $70 for two images and $100 for three images.
The submission deadline is 31 March 2017.
The winners will be announced on 7 June 2017.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.