Explore the scientific evidence for human evolution, our fossil relatives, and the place of humankind in the natural world in this credit-eligible course.
What you'll learn
- Outline the nature of science and explain how scientific research is conducted
- Identify humans’ place in the natural world from taxonomic/phylogenetic perspectives
- Define the role of paleoanthropologists in human origins research
- Identify how paleoanthropologists use scientific method to formulate hypotheses and strategically conduct research
- Articulate differences between scientific evidence for human evolution and non-scientific, non-testable, explanations for human origins