Open to: Professionals in public service, change makers, social innovators and entrepreneurs, representatives of NGOs, leaders in business. Scholarships are provided for university students or recent high school graduates
Venue: Alpbach, Austria
From August 19 to 22, 2015 the European Forum Alpbach will host a Summer School on Facilitation and Participatory Leadership. The language of instruction is English.
The Summer School aims to provide participants with:
- A deeper understanding of a wide range of participatory methods and approaches;
- Practical skills to apply in their own organisations;
- The possibility to gain first hand experience as co-facilitators during the European Forum Alpbach 2015.
The training will offer lasting skills of how to face challenges in a participatory manner in companies and organisations as well as the wider community. At the core of the training are the questions of how can we meet the complex societal challenges of today and what practices and ways of working can help us to unleash the potential of organisations in this age of diversity?
The training based on the “Art of Hosting” methodology aims to give a dynamic and effective introduction to methods of working in a participatory and collective manner to tackle complex systems and challenges on the local, regional, and national levels.
The purpose of the training is to create both the know-how and capacity for participatory practice in the Forum Alpbach community and specifically for professionals in public service around the world.
The European Forum Alpbach will provide a number of scholarships for the Summer School for university students or recent high school graduates with a special interest in participatory leadership.
The scholarship program was set up in order to build capacity within the Forum Alpbach community. Scholarship holders are encouraged to apply their newly acquired skills during the Forum this summer and in the years to come.
The scholarship includes free participation
. Should you not have sufficient funds to cover the costs of your stay in Alpbach, there is a possibility to apply for an additional amount for accommodation and board
. Please fill out the Supplementary Form
and include it in your application
if you wish to be considered for this extra sum. If you have any proof offinancial support for your studies
, you do not need to explain your financial situation in writing. Please include, however, the corresponding proofs (e.g. the confirmation that you are receiving the Austrian “Studienbeihilfe” or any other study grants).
Those granted the scholarship should be available for the entire period of the European Forum Alpbach (19 August – 4 September 2015).
Applicants are asked to answer a short set of questions in a motivation letter (max. 1 page):
- Why are you interested to learn more about participatory leadership?
- What are you particularly interested in seeking to learn more about in the art of participatory leadership? Where will you apply what you have learned in life and work afterwards?
- Because this training is embedded within the Forum Alpbach 2015, there is the possibility for some participants to step forward and to be part of the team that will co-host the breakout sessions of the Alpbach Health Symposium (MED) (afternoon, August 24), or the Forum Alpbach Bar Camp (Evening August 24). Are you interested in this option, if yes, please mention it in your application and tell the organizers which of the two above mentioned you would like to be co-hosting and why. Please consider that you should be available from August 19-25 if applying for this option.
Please send your application documents as printed copies only until 31 March 2015 (postmark) via regular mail to the:
European Forum Alpbach Non-Profit-Foundation
If you apply as a self-financing candidate, send a request for participation form
and a motivation letter (max .1 page) answering the questions above until 17 April 2015 via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.