HIIG Fellowship 2018 – Internet and Society
In 2018, the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG) once again opens its doors for fellow scholars! We are looking for individuals from diverse backgrounds and professional experiences who want to contribute to the range of the institute’s transdisciplinary internet research. We particularly encourage early stage researchers to apply.
Things to Consider Before Applying
- Time Frame: We offer fellowships that range from a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 12 months within the year 2018.
- Costs and Allowances: The HIIG offers accepted fellows a waiver for all mandatory fees. Fellows may use our facilities free of charge during their stay. However, fellows are expected to bring their own funding from their home institution or outside grants. They must take care of accommodation, insurance, childcare, and transportation arrangements. In special cases, fellows can apply for a travel grant of up to 700 Euros and a visa subsidy of up to 200 Euros.
- Master’s degree, PhD in process/planned (Junior Fellow) OR
- Advanced PhD, post-doctoral researcher (Senior Fellow)
- Fluency in English; command of German is appreciated
- Research experience and a research project of your own that you want to pursue
Required Application Documents
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter explaining your interest in the HIIG Fellowship, research background, and your expectations (1 page)
- Research outline including a) your project and how it responds to one of the key areas, b) the specific work you propose to conduct during the fellowship, c) deliverables, products or outcomes you aim to produce (max. 3 pages)
- Optional: one writing or work sample covering internet research (in English or German)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2017.
All application materials must be submitted electronically via the online application form. Please review the information carefully before applying. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.