15 Years of Achievements:
Celebrating the 15th Anniversary of
Iran and the Caucasus,
BRILL Academic Publishers
July 01-02, (03) 2011
DAY 2: July 02, 2011
July 02. SESSION IV (10.00 – 11.30)
SESSION 4-A (2nd floor Auditorium)
Modern History. Political Issues. – IV. Chair: Caspar Ten Dam
- Ali Mohammad Tarafdari (Iran) – Rethinking the Role of Armenians in the Constitutional Revolution of Iran in 1906
- Ketevan Kakitelashvili (Georgia) – Dynamics of Reconstruction of the Past and History Teaching in the Post-Soviet Georgia
- Lilith Vardanyan (France) – The South Caucasus: Iran’s Starting Point.
- Mahmud Joneydi Jafari (Iran) – On the Iranian National Unity.
- Khatchik DerGhougassian (Argentina) - Geopolitics and the “Dialogue of Civilizations”: Explaining Armenian-Iranian Relations Since Independence
SESSION 4-B (Basement Auditorium)
Anthropology. Identity Issues. Chairs: Victoria Arakelova, Ceyhan Suvari
- Ceyhan Suvari (Turkey) – The Role Played by Intergroup Conflıcts ın the Constructıon of Ethnıcıty: The Case of Ivanovka Vıllage ın Azerbaıjan
- Sekandar Amanolahi (Iran) – The Nature of Identity Among the Pastoral Nomads of Luristan, Southwest Iran
- Elif Kanca (Turkey) – An Armenian Village in Turkey: Vakıflı
- Vahe Boyajian (Armenia) – Change and Adaptation in Baluchi Traditional Tribal Structure.
- Goodarz Rashtiani (Iran) – The Kurds of the Caucasus: Identity and Ethnicity
SESSION 4-C (2nd floor Small Auditorium)
Early and Medieval History – II. Chairs: Giusto Traina, Levon Yepiskoposian
- Somayeh Ansari (Iran) – The Role of Military and Political Georgians in the Decline and Fall of the Safavids
- Raisa Amirbekyan (Armenia) – The Calligraphy and Miniature Paintings of Oriental Manuscripts from the Matenadaran Collection.
- Abbas Z. Mehrvarz (Iran) – The Geography of Babak Movement Based on Islamic sources
- Roman Smbatyan (Armenia) – The Khamsa Melikate of Karabakh during the Reign of Nadir Shah.
- Irina Nachkebia (Georgia) – Georgia Viewed by French Lieutenant Camille-Alphonse Trézel (May 1809)
- Levon Episkoposian (Armenia), Vahid Rashidvash (Iran) - The Location of the Azaris on the Patrilineal Genetic Landscape of the Middle East.
11.40 – 12.00 Coffee break
July 02. SESSION V (12.00 – 13.30)
SESSION 5-A (2nd floor Auditorium)
Literature – II. Chairs: Mohammad Yahaghi, Helen Giunashvili
- Sohrab Ehsani (Iran) – Shirin, from Legend to Reality
- Mohammad Yahaghi, Negar Yahaghi (Iran) – Marriages in Shahnameh: Their Political and Legal Consequences
- Javad Mahdavi (Iran) – A Comparative Study on the Story of the Jewish King and his Vizier in Mathnavi of Rumi and the story of the Owls and the Crows in “Kalileh and Demneh”
- Aliakbar Soroush (Iran) – Rumi and Our Time
SESSION 5-B (Basement Auditorium)
Caucasian and Iranian Linguistics II. Chairs: Uwe Blaesing, Gerd Winkelhane
- Gerd Winkelhane, Michael Balk, (Germany) – Hear, Read, Write: Easy Unicode for Small Languages.
- Aysa Halidov (Russia) – About Ossetian Loans in Vainakh Languages
- Dariush Borbor (Iran) – A Comparative Overview of Reduplication in the Languages and Dialects of Iran
- Hasmik Kirakosian (Armenia) – The Heteroclytic –r/-n Bases in North Iranian Toponymy.
- Arseniy Vydrin (Russia) – Verbs of Desire in Iron Ossetic.
13.30 – 14.50 Coffee break, Lunch
15.00 – 16.00: CLOSING CEREMONY
Dr. Khachik Gevorgyan,
Yerevan State University, ARMACAD - Summing up
16.30 – 19.00: Cultural Program
Visit to the Pagan Temple of Garni and the Christian Monastery Complex of Geghard
Point of Departure – Youth Foundation of Armenia
19.30: Farewell Party
(Hotel Ani Restaurant)
DAY 3: July 03, 2011
10.00 – 13.00 Cultural Programme
(Visit to Ejmiadzin, The Armenian Church Mother See)
Point of Departure – Ani Hotel
19.30 – 22.30 Enlarged Meeting of the Editorial Board of Iran and the Caucasus (Karbi village, Ashtarak)