About th contest
The Fumetti in Treviso association announces the fifth Concorso Internazionale per Nuovi Autori (International Contest for New Authors), which will be held as part of the Treviso Comic Book Festival 2016 and was created by "TCBF" in collaboration with the Scuola Internazionale di Comics of Padova (International School of Comics). The theme of the contest is "PUNK!" and the works must be stories that are in any way related to the punk movement, which celebrates its 40th anniversary this year and as such will be an integral part of the theme inspiring the next TCBF. All entries inspired by characters and real events as well as fictional will be accepted, as long as they are inspired by the punk movement and its main features.
1) The contest is aimed at all new cartoonists aged 18 and over (born on or before December 31st 1998) worldwide. By "new cartoonists" we mean non-professional authors, who are not in any way employed in the illustration field and have not published work at a national and international level. Students specialising in comics and authors collaborating with fanzines or self-productions will be admitted.
2) Participants who took part to the previous contests announced by the Fumetti in Treviso association will be admitted.
3) Projects resulting from a collaboration between more people (for example: a cartoonist, a writer and a colourist presenting a single project) will be admitted, as long as all the authors fall within the requirements listed in point 1).
4) To take part in the contest, the candidate/s must present a comic story composed of a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 4 drawings or plates related to PUNK, the theme of our event. The maximum format for each drawing is A3 (29,7x42 cm). The drawings can be created with all kinds of handdrawn techniques and can be in black and white as well as in colour. Digital colouring and digital lettering is also admitted, but all submissions must include the original drawings/tables. Non-Italian participants can send their works with lettering in either English or French.
The jury is formed by the core members of the Treviso Comic Book Festival, the artistic director of the festival Nicola Ferrarese and external jurors Luca Vanzella and Luca Genovese, who are comic book authors from Treviso and known for their collaboration with publishers such as Beccogiallo, Bao Publishing, Aurea and Bonelli.
The awards are offered by the Padova International School of Comics and consist of the following:
- 500 euros for the first place;
- 300 euros for the second place;
- 200 euros for the third place.
Additional mentions, recognitions and awards offered by the sponsors of the event will be communicated at a later stage.
The awarded works, alongside other three works selected by the jury, will be shown during the TCBF in a dedicated space which will form an integral part of the exhibition programme.
10) Original works will be returned starting from October 2016 and at the authors’ specific request, which must be indicated in the entry form and will happen at the authors’ expense (a return, paidfor envelope must be included). For safety reasons, in-person collections and returns won’t be allowed. The CD-ROMs will remain the property of the association and may be used for the purpose of exhibitions, catalogues or non-profit publications.
Fore more information click "Further official information" below.