Meliora NGO, as member of EU Commission “Youth in Action” Program, in cooperation with RES POLIS NGO (Serbia ) organizes “Design Your Job” Project in Novi Sad, Serbia.
Young people, interpreted in Youth in Action Programs and Design Your Job Project , should send CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; please mention your name, family name and name of applied project in subject line .
About the Project
From 20th April to 29th April 2011, Fruska Gora (near to Novi Sad) – Serbia
The main goal of our training course “Design your job” is to improve and increase knowledge, learning methods and experiences of participants, which they can use in everyday work with unemployed young people (young people with a low standard of living), including them in active local community life.
In this project participants will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills of web design techniques that will be used in their further work with their beneficiaries (young people with a low standard of living). In this way, unemployed young people will get more opportunities for finding job.
Target group on our training course: youth workers, youth leaders, NGO activists, school teachers, social workers and all people actively involved in work with unemployed young people (young people with a low standard of living).
On our training course, mixing formal and non formal way of learning, participants will get necessary knowledge and skills about techniques and methods of web design. They will exchange their earlier experiences and to make a new ones. Each one of them is going to be given a chance to express himself or herself and to participate in making final product of our activities which will be presented on the last day of training course.
Final product of our training course is creation of design your job web page.
Some of activities on our training course:
- Introduction to HTML – history, basic syntax, using basic text editor to create html documents;
- Introduction to Dreamweaver, site definition, automatic code generation;
- CSS elements, margins, padding, internal vs. external CSS styles;
- Creating a personal website;
- Introduction to CMS, examples and Joomla;
- Creating a corporate website;
- Introduction to Adobe Illustrator;
- Creating basic webpage elements (buttons, background, banners);
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop;
- to encourage excluded young people with a low standard of living (to play an important role in their communities)
- to encourage young people with economic obstacles (specially young people with a low standard of living)
- to exchange our experiences in as a most significant values working with youth with fewer opportunities
- to offer learning methods for formal and non formal education to participants for improving inclusion of excluded groups of youth – young people with a low standard of living
- to contribute unemployed young people own development of capabilities and skills in finding job using web design techniques.
English – all participants must be able to communicate using English language.
Period of realization:
From 20th April to 29th April 2011,
Fruska Gora (near to Novi Sad) – Serbia
There is age limit for the participants – from 18 to 30 years old.
- Interested participants for the topic of the training course;
– Young people who are interested in “Youth in Action” program.
100% for accommodation and food will be covered and 70% of travel cost will be reimbursed after receiving original receipts.
Meliora NGO Objectives:
The motivation of the citizens, development of cultural, social, sporting and academic awareness, education of youth, youth policy, problems and needs of young people, international cooperation and mobility of young people, ecology and sustainable development.