5 to 10 June 2017
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 1 Feburary 2017.
- No entry fee
- Films finished after 1 January 2016
- Filled-in entry form (one entry form required for each submitted film)
- Preview screener
- Additional materials:
- Director's photograph
- 3 film stills (300dpi)
- Dialogue list in English
- Fill in and submit the entry form
- Upload director's photograph, film stills, dialogue list in English (if applicable) and provide a link for the film trailer (optional)
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail with your submission ID number and a link to the filled-in entry form. The entry form is valid in the electronic format, without a signature and a seal, and it does not need to be sent to Animafest's office
- If you did not provide a link to the preview screener in the entry form, you need to send it on a DVD by regular (air) mail or express courier. DVD should reach Animafest's office before 5 February 2017. DVD should have its submission ID number clearly marked on all covers.
RIGHTS, OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Each applicant declares to be the author or rights owner of the submitted film(s) and to own all literary, dramatic and musical rights. The producers and directors of award-winning films should mention
the name of the prize, the year and the name of the Festival (World Festival of Animafest Film – Animafest Zagreb) in all promotional materials for the film. The file containing publicity materials (Festival logo, “official selection” and award text) will be sent to the applicants in digital form.
Preview screeners of the films will not be returned, but will be included in the Festival’s library. The Festival reserves the right to use the films for strictly non- commercial, educational purposes.
In case a film is selected for screening after the Festival, for the purpose of promotion of award-winning films or other films from the official program, the applicant will be contacted in order to discuss the conditions.
The Festival has the right to use all materials related to the submission as well as a film excerpt up to 10 per cent of the total length of the film that will not exceed more than 3 minutes for promotional purposes.
The Festival takes responsibility for the screening copy of the film from the arrival at the festival office to its returning. In case of damage during the festival period, the Festival will reimburse only the material value of physical copies (after a presentation of the original invoice). The Festival is not responsible for copies lost in transport, unless the loss has been caused by the Festival’s doings.
Film selection is carried out by the Artistic Director in collaboration with selected professionals. Their duty is to preview each work entered on time and decide upon final film selection.
The list of films selected for the competition programs will be announced on the Festival’s official website not later than 1 April 2017. All applicants will be notified regarding the selection results. Each director whose film is chosen for the official festival program will be contacted by the Festival management for hospitality arrangements.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Participation in the Festival, and its film submission process, implies acceptance, without reservation, to the terms of the present regulations. An entry form is valid without a signature and a seal.
The Regulations are written in Croatian and English languages and in case of ambiguities the Croatian version is binding.
Short films (maximum running time 40 minutes) can be submitted to following competition categories:
1. short films competition
2. student films competition – films produced at educational institution
3. films for children competition
4. croatian films competition
NOTE: Films suitable for children submitted for Short Films Competition, Student Films Competition or Croatian Films Competition can also be additionally submitted for the Films for Children Competition category.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: