Co-Productions between filmmakers from different regions will increase cultural diversity on urgent current global topics and create professional collaborations that will assist filmmakers secure additional funding. Filmmakers has a great need for sophisticated and comprehensive understanding of the international marketplace for documentaries.
This will considerably improve our filmmaker’s prospects of attracting finance for their projects and help them maximize the revenues from their productions.
We are committed to an open dialogue and sharpening the necessary skills and dedication to produce extraordinary films that advance justice, democracy and peace. Utilizing the extensive experience, network, and reputation for excellence harvested over the past 14 years, CLOSE-UP brings together passionate, talented and courageous filmmakers who own a profound understanding of the complexities in their communities. We support them in developing and creating compelling original documentaries that illuminate the most urgent social and political realities of our troubled region.
CALL FOR APPLICATION IS OPEN !
DEADLINE IS JULY 31ST
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey & United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar and Yemen.
- Workshops and tutorial sessions will be held in English, so the participants must be able to communicate in this language.
- Submitted Projects must have an international relevancy.
- The selected filmmakers should be ready to collaborate during the program with an international Co-Producer.
- Participants will have to participate in a full series of three workshops within 9 months.
- The project submitted may be in a stage of development, pre-production or production.
- Applicant may act as a director-producer of a project.
- Eligible are filmmakers at early to mid career, who have made at least one film.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.