Urban disasters: Risk and resilience in a pandemic
Virtual event: 2-13 August 2021
Closing date: 14 April 2021 at 16:00 UTC + 1
Applications for ACU Summer School 2021 are now open. Students at ACU member universities are invited to join us on 2-13 August for a two-week virtual event exploring the theme 'Urban disasters: Vulnerability and resilience in a pandemic'.
The ACU Summer School is a transformative opportunity which connects students across the Commonwealth. Participants can expect:
- Talks by leading international speakers
- Engaging and challenging group project work
- Networking opportunities
- Intercultural sessions
- Skills development
- The chance to learn about the history and culture of Mumbai.
Students often tell us that they find participating in the Summer School to be a life-changing event. Following the 2020 virtual Summer School, we asked students about their experiences:
- 95% of participants expressed that the summer school experience helped them develop new friendships across borders.
- 87% agreed that the experience helped improve their global network within their field of study.
Who can apply?
In order to apply:
- Participants must be a current postgraduate (Master’s/PhD) or final-year undergraduate students at ACU member university .
- Participants must not have previously travelled outside their home region or already participated in an ACU Summer School.
The event is multi-disciplinary: it is appropriate both for those studying fields related to disaster studies, and students from other fields who are interested in how they can apply their discipline to the theme.
The Summer School programme has been developed by senior specialists from the School of Disaster Studies at Tata Institute of Social Sciences. It's a small and friendly event which is capped at 50 participants. Participants who do not have access to Wi-Fi will be able to apply for a grant to fund data costs needed for them to participate.
The event is free, but the 50 participants will be selected as part of a competitive selection process.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.