Join a 3-month media mentorship with our experienced team of climate journalists and expand your network and publishing profile!
Successful applicants will enjoy a 3-month fellowship and mentorship programme and work together with a diverse group of journalists from around the world.
Get ready for our newest global opportunity for climate and environmental journalists and media professionals.
We’ve launched an online training programme which will see 12 young journalists from around the world dive into a paid 3-month mentorship with us! As a selected participant, you will be challenged and supported to publish 1 climate feature story each month on through our site. Your stories will be shared and promoted throughout our networks. Our aim is to make you famous for the awesome climate messages you produce. Exciting, right?!
All the while, you’ll also be a part of a diverse media mentorship programme, undergoing a range of connected training and collaborations covering social media engagement, data and visual journalism, and podcasting. A great chance to sharpen your new media skills to amplify your journalism and boost your marketability.
Your Commitment as A Selected Fellow
Once selected, we will get the ball rolling really quickly! Here’s a taste of what you’ll be jumping straight into:
- Pitching and publishing a Feature climate story each month for Climate Tracker’s site, with original photos - including 1 collaborative Feature in the 3rd month.
- Managing a twitter thread, and taking over CT’s twitter once per month to discuss your story or other news from your region.
- 1 Instagram live session throughout the 3 months
- 1 podcast interview throughout the 3 months, highlighting their story and sharing audio clips from their interviews
- Guest writing one Climate Weekly newsletter over the course of the 3 months
Not only is this a great opportunity to build your network around the world and engage with journalists beyond your country/region, it’s a fantastic chance to gain hands-on experience in reporting on climate change and sustainability issues.
We’re reviewing applications as you read this, so make haste and apply TODAY!
- Call for applications open - 18th August
- Deadline to apply - 4th September
- Fellows Announced - 11th September
- Fellowship commences - 15th September
- Fellowship ends - 15th December
What are we looking for in our Fellows?
Ideal candidates will have:
- Be 18-35 years old
- 1 year of journalism experience min
- A hunger to improve as journalists - this is a learning experience
- A history of writing quality climate stories
- Ability to take good quality photos
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: