The Future We Want, The UN We Need – ESSAY COMPETITION
The United Nations Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth, the Under-Secretary-General and Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on the Commemoration of the United Nations’ 75th Anniversary and Devex, are excited to announce the launch of an Essay Competition for the best essay by a young person on the topic ‘The Future We Want, The UN We Need’.
We are calling on young people between the ages of 15 and 29 to share their views and suggestions about the UN’s future role by answering the question: Within the context of the “new normal” that has unfolded post-COVID-19, and as we plan and re-build to recovery, what does the future of the UN look like to you?
We want you to be a part of the largest global conversation launched by the United Nations on the role of global cooperation, marking its 75th Anniversary. We want to hear your thoughts and ideas!
Find more information about the competition on the Envoy on Youth’s social media accounts. We look forward to reading your essays!
The competition closes on June 29, 2020. The final winner will be selected by a high-level selection panel and the winner will be announced on the 12th of August 2020 on the occasion of International Youth Day. The winner will be invited virtually to take part in the UN75 Commemoration events in New York.
Rules of the competition:
- Participants must be between the ages of 15 and 29.
- Participants must have written the essay by themselves. Only individual entries are admitted, no teams are allowed to take part in the competition.
- Essays must answer the question by making a case, analysing the situation, and building a case based on researched arguments and facts.
- Essays may be submitted in English only.
- Entries must be no longer than 800 words.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.