XX International Documentary Film Festival Flahertiana
XX International Documentary Film Festival Flahertiana will take place in Perm, Russia, from 18 to 24 September 2020.
International Competition is a basic part of the festival film program. Documentaries that develop the cinematography aesthetics first introduced by Robert Flaherty in his masterpiece Nanook of the North enter the competition.
Within Flahertiana the following events are held along with the main competition program:
– National Competition Russian Flahertiana, the winner of which is determined based on National Competition Jury voting.
– Student Films Competition, the winner of which is determined based on Student Films Competition Jury voting.
– Special programs devoted to the cinematography of different countries, to film festivals, directors, and social problems;
– Workshops, theoretic discussions, seminars, discussion panels.
How to submit your film?
To submit your film, please:
- fill in the Entry form (find it on our website);
- send a link to watch online or download the preview of your film to the official festival e-mail.
Film preview copies should have English subtitles or voice-over. The festival does not charge any fees for entry.
The Entry form and the preview link must be submitted no later than May 10th, 2020.
General Festival Screening Requirements
Films should be released after January 1st, 2019.
Films to be selected for competition may be of any length except super-short (less than 7 minutes);
Film copy provided should be with English subtitles in international format *.SRT
The Festival accepts the high-quality screening copies (digital media can be in the following formats: mp4, m2ts, mkv with Full HD quality).
If a film does not meet all listed requirements, it may not be included in the competition program.
More detailed technical requirements will be sent to the participants of the competition programs in a separate file by e-mail.
Selection Commission headed by the Chairman selects documentaries that participate in all program sections. In case a film has been selected, the Festival notifies the applicant, director, producer and distributor of the fact after July 1st, 2020.
Once the film has been selected, the following materials should be sent to the IDFF before July 15th, 2020:
– three stills (full-colour) (not less than 300 dpi);
– a photo of the director (full-colour) (not less than 300 dpi);
– film publicity material;
– film trailer;
– English subtitles in international format *.SRT;
– Dialogue list in Russian or English with the timecode.
If a documentary has been selected the Festival has the right to:
– use three minutes from the documentary for broadcasting or other purposes associated with the film and Festival promotion;
– use film trailer for the promotion of the film or the festival
– use the publicity material to promote the film and the Festival;
– keep DVD copy or mp4 file of selected documentaries in its archive for non-commercial screening or educational purposes.
– if the film wins one or several nominations the Festival has the right for one additional screening of this film in the weekend next to the Closing Ceremony.
Festival does not pay screening fee for films in competition.
The Festival prefers to receive the screening copies by having them uploaded on its FTP server or downloading the film in HQ from the internet resource chosen by the participant.
The Festival should receive all the screening copies by August 10th, 2020. If the film copy, as well as other materials, are not received by the Festival direction on time, the Festival has the right to expel the film from the competition.
In case the Festival direction wants to use a film for press-preview the IDFF managers will get in touch with the right owners.
Film copies will be returned to filmmakers within four weeks after the Festival.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.