World Press Photo Contests
Our annual contests recognize and celebrate the best visual journalism produced over the last year. An independent jury selects the prize-winning photographs and productions, which are later assembled into our annual exhibition and yearbook. Our annual Photo Contest and Digital Storytelling Contest is now open for entries. Both contests are free to enter and open to professional visual journalists.
The World Press Photo Contest rewards photographers for the best single exposure pictures contributing to the past year of visual journalism. Whether entered as singles or stories, these pictures are judged in terms of their accurate, fair, and visually compelling insights about our world.
The Digital Storytelling Contest, open to short documentary film and interactive productions, recognizes and rewards forms of visual storytelling enabled by digital technologies.
2020 contest timeline
- 2 December 2019: Contests open for entries 12.00 noon CET.
- 9 January 2020: Registration deadline. 12.00 noon CET.
- 14 January 2020: Submission deadline. Contest websites close 12.00 noon CET.
- 16 April 2020: Awards Show in Amsterdam.
- 17-18 April 2020: World Press Photo Festival in Amsterdam.
- It is free to enter
- Open to all professionals around the world
- There are different categories to highlight diverse stories
- Independently judged by leaders in visual storytelling
- Your chance to win €10,000 and to showcase your work to a global audience
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: