NMML Visiting Fellowship
The Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML), situated in the historic Teen Murti House complex is a prestigious autonomous research institution under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India. Established in 1966 the institute has four major constituents, namely, the Nehru Memorial Museum, the Research and Publications Division, the Library, and the Planetarium.
As part of promoting and encouraging research activities, the institution is pleased to grant NMML Visiting Fellowship to undertake original research using the valuable archival sources housed at NMML. During the Fellowship tenure, the fellows are required to spend substantial time at the NMML Archives for their research work. Broadly, the fellowship covers the economic, political, and cultural aspects of modern India. The detailed information on this scheme is as follows:
The objective of providing this fellowship is to encourage researchers, academics, and specialists from abroad to undertake inventive research on modern and contemporary issues of India.
Number of Fellowships:
The number of Fellowships in a year is limited to four (4).
Duration and Fellowship Amount:
The Fellowship will be awarded for a maximum period of three months and the total emoluments shall be Rs. 1,00,000/-per month. The duration will not be extended under any circumstance. No TA will be paid for joining the Fellowship at NMML. Also, the Fellowship shall not cover any contingency amount.
Areas of Research:
All Social Sciences discipline.
- The Fellowship is open to foreign nationals and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) only.
- The applicant must have an excellent record in academic research.
- Academics/Post Doctoral Fellows/independent scholars with at least one single-authored book, or
- Scholars pursuing a Ph.D. with at least one published paper in an international journal may also apply.
Terms and Conditions:
- The monthly grant would be disbursed only after the submission of the monthly progress report. The third and final grant would be released only after making one presentation of the research work undertaken during the Fellowship tenure.
- Once awarded, the same applicant will not be eligible to apply for the same Fellowship again.
- If the Fellowship Committee does not find suitable candidates, the Fellowship will not be awarded in that year.
- The Fellowship will be announced twice a year (January, and August/September) and the fellows are required to join in May and January respectively. Selected candidates must join Fellowship as per the stipulated time and no extension will be granted for joining.
- The decision of the Fellowship Selection Committee and Executive Council of NMML on the final selection of fellows will be final.
- Scholars are required to acknowledge NMML in future whenever they publish their research work that they have conducted as part of the NMML Fellowship. The copy of the published work may be sent to NMML in print form or electronically.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: