Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d)
Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology (FBN), Dummerstorf
The Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology (FBN) is a foundation under public law and member of the Leibniz Association. The Institute with approximately 300 employees is performing fundamental and applied research in the field of the biology of farmed animals. The Institute provides an interdisciplinary research environment and excellent experimental and analytical facilities.
The Institute of Muscle Biology invites applications for aPostdoctoral Researcherin the field of muscle biology (m/f/d)starting from November 1st 2019 for a period of initially 3 years. With regard to future qualification goals, a further extension is possible.
Reference number: 2019-23
The successful applicant is expected to conduct own research projects in the field of cross talk between skeletal muscle, adipose and further tissues in farm and model animal species. The position is embedded in the Research Unit “Cellular Interactions”.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with a PhD/doctoral degree in biology, animal or veterinary science or related fields. The candidate should have basic knowledge of animal physiology and experience with molecular and biochemical techniques as well as cell culture and sampling techniques. The applicant is expected to develop and to pursue projects, to apply for third –party funding and to publish results. Working languages are German and English.
- Opportunity of qualification for independent research in the field of muscle biology
- Multifaceted and challenging research tasks in a performance‐oriented and family‐friendly environment
- Modern equipment and integration in international and national research projects
- Employment conditions according to the provisions of Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst der Länder (TV-L), remuneration at the level ofsalary grade 13 TV-L
- Participation in the company pension scheme (VBL)
- Assistance with formal issues while settling into the new living environment
We are an internationally-oriented research institute. The compatibility of career and family is one of our aims. The Institute is committed to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are under-represented and suitably qualified women are encouraged to apply. Candidates with disabilities will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications and capacity to complete the project. We explicitly encourage applications from international candidates. Candidates must fulfill the requirements for temporal contracts according to § 2 (1) WissZeitVG.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.