The Georg Eckert Institute Library is an unparalleled resource for international textbook research, as is demonstrated by the continuously high demand among researchers from Germany and abroad for the research facilities it provides. In order to fulfil its purpose, the Institute relies upon close and ongoing contact with scholars and educational practitioners from Germany and around the world. With this in mind, the Institute and its association of supporters have established a fellowship programme for the promotion of international academic exchange and the development of international textbook research, with a particular emphasis on comparative approaches.
The fellowships will be advertised every year from 15 June. Applications for a fellowship to be taken up in a particular year should be submitted by the 15th September of the preceding year (as one pdf-file to email@example.com).
THE FELLOWSHIPS ARE AWARDED IN PARTICULAR FOR
- research motivated by the desire to promote understanding among nations through education. This research is aimed at identifying prejudices, distortions in perception, and stereotyped and adversarial images transmitted in education, as well as their origins, by means of analysing educational material
- international educational and didactical research on the methods, content and objectives of teaching in the subject areas in which the Institute's library specialises; research in the field of the fundamental governmental, institutional and social frameworks in which this teaching takes place
- academic research on issues of perception and reception in the fields of history, geography and social science
- studies on textbook development in the subjects represented at the Institute which aim at identifying new directions for the production of textbooks based on comparative international textbook research.
APPLYING FOR A FELLOWSHIPREQUIREMENTS
- Candidates for a fellowship should hold a university degree, or have attained a comparable qualification in the field of education. We also welcome applications from people who are involved in the writing of textbooks or employed by textbook publishers, as well as those whose activities in the field of education are concerned with curricula and textbooks.
- The work to be undertaken during the fellowship must be conducive to the Institute's own work or projects in the field of international textbook research. Some fellowships are reserved for individuals who conduct projects affiliated with the Institute.
- The Institute may occasionally offer fellowships attached to a specific topic on a competitive basis.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: