Deutsche Welle's newly-designed traineeship takes you around the world in just 18 months. Internships with our English and German editorial departments give you a chance to look into economic and cultural issues as well as news and sports. You'll also be active in at least one of DW's other broadcast language departments such as the Chinese, Farsi or Spanish department, and support them according to your language skills. Regardless of the language you're working in youll be part of the editorial teams right from day one, writing and producing reports and conducting interviews for television, radio and online. At the core of the training is a total of six months of theory and practice-oriented seminar blocks looking at everything from journalism basics and live reports to data-driven journalism and mobile reporting. Multimedia is not just a buzzword here - it's how we work. And it'll be the way you work, too - in seminars, editorial departments and your final project. By the end of the traineeship you'll be an expert in multimedia storytelling.
DW Traineeshipcommencing on September 1, 2019. The traineeship is based at DW's broadcasting centers in Bonn and Berlin, Germany.
- native speaker of one of DW's languages, and excellent English and German skills
- completed university degree, college degree or apprenticeship (we are especially looking for those with a background in technology/IT, science, politics or economics)
- basic journalism experience
- content published or broadcast
- creative mind
- excellent judge of journalism content
- social media experience
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both within teams and individually
- strong MS Office skills, basic audio and video production skills, data skills.
The DW Traineeship offers:
- the acquisition of a broad base of journalism skills
- technology training across TV, radio and online
- focused seminars delivered by experienced trainers
- placements with various DW editorial departments in Bonn and Berlin as well as in one of our foreign bureaus in Brussels, Washington or Moscow
- placement with partner broadcasters in Germany, Europe or worldwide
- the chance to produce a larger journalism piece based on your own idea
- a salary paid throughout the traineeship
- the prospect of a DW employment contract upon successful completion of the traineeship.