OPEN CALL for transdisciplinary public artworks on the theme WATER STREAM
In its second year, TESLA Award opens up for international artists and creators from different fields!
TESLA Award (Transdisciplinary Experimental Slovenian Art Award) is a new competition focusing on new and progressive art forms in the field of transdisciplinary or intermedia art. Its mission is to provide optimal conditions for selected artists to research, produce and present an entirely new artwork under the mentorship of MoTA – Museum of Transitory Art and each year’s partners. The aim of the award is to improve the conditions of artistic production in the field of transdisciplinary / intermedia art, in response to the growing interest in research-based practices in Slovenia and broader Eastern European region. This year TESLA partners with Artbat Fest in Almaty, Kazakhstan, and Bellastock from Paris, to support two public space works to be installed in Almaty. TESLA 2018 is looking for innovative public space projects on the topic of Water Stream.
What is the TESLA budget?
TESLA offers a 4.000 EUR award for production costs & the artist fee. It provides travel cost from Europe to Almaty and accommodation in Almaty and a production budget to realize the project idea. The production budget is an essential part of the project proposal and will be discussed and optimised with the awardee after the selection. Daily allowance in Almaty is the expense of the awardee.
The works will be premiered at the opening of Artbat Fest on 24 August 2018.
Martin Bricelj Baraga, MoTA – Museum of Transitory Art
Simon Jacquemin, Bellastock
CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entrants must complete the contest entry form and provide valid contact information.
- Entries will be judged by an expert panel on the basis of creativity and originality, quality, technical accuracy, and content. The organisers reserve the right not to select a winner if none of the entries received are considered to be appropriate according to the criteria in the open call.
- The artwork must be your own original creation.
- By submitting a project proposal applicants agree to: install the finished artwork in time to be presented at the opening of Arbat Fest Almaty on 24 August 2018.
- TESLA awards project ideas and helps with project realization.
- The production budget is an obligatory part of the application.
- The winner will receive a 4.000,00 EUR award. The award includes any applicable taxes and shall be paid in 30 days upon signing of the agreement with the artist.
- The artwork shall be published and presented or communicated to the public through MoTA and partner channels as well as through all interested media.
- By submitting their project proposal to this contest, the winner grants to MoTA and its project partners a royalty-free license to copy, distribute, modify, display, perform or publicly present or communicate materials related to the work to the public and to make it available to the public in any other way, and authorize others to do so, for any educational purpose throughout the world and in any media
Entries must be received by June 24, 2018, 23:59 (CET). The winner will be notified via e-mail in July 2018.
For more information clickbelow.