Calvados-Normandy Award for War Correspondents
The Bayeux Calvados-Normandy award for war correspondents rewards reports about a conflict situation or its impact on civilians, or news stories involving the defense of freedom and democracy. A €7,000 prize is awarded in each category. The reports must be submitted to the following address by 8 June 2018:
Bayeux Award for War Correspondents – Hôtel de Ville – 19, rue laitière – BP 21215 – 14402 Bayeux Cedex ou email@example.com
The categories of media represented are radio – photography – television (short and long formats) – written press and the young reporter prize (photo this year).
Six prizes awarded by the international jury:
- Written Press Prize sponsored by the Calvados Department – €7000
- Television Prize sponsored by Amnesty International- €7000
- Radio Prize sponsored by the D-Day Landing Committee – €7000
- Photo Prize sponsored by Nikon – €7000
- Grand format Television Prize sponsored by the Scam – €7000
- Young reporter Prize sponsored by CAPA agency – €3000
Four special prizes:
- The Ouest-France – Jean Marin Prize (written press) – €4000
- The Public Prize (photo) sponsored by the Agence Française de Développement– €3000
- The Normandy Region secondary School Students’ Prize (television) – €3000
- The video image prize sponsored by Arte, France 24 and Bew TV – €3000
- The Young Reporter’s Award: in 2018: the category is a photo. Since there is a different category according to the years, the presented story must have been realized between 1 June 2016 and 31 May 2018.
- Written press category: the application must be made up of an article or a series of one to five articles on the same subject.
- Television category: the length of the report must be between 1 minute 30 seconds and 6 minutes. The report submitted must be identical to the broadcast piece.
- Grand format television category: the length of the report must be between 6 and 30 minutes. The report submitted must be identical to the broadcast piece.
- Radio category: the length of the report must be between 1 minute and 6 minutes. The report submitted must be identical to the broadcast piece.
- Photo category: The application comprises a report made up of 8 to 15 photos.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.