$10,000for five creative women
It started in 1908, when Helen Lansdowne was hired by J. Walter Thompson Cincinnati as the industry's first female copywriter.
She soon moved to the New York office, where she rose through the ranks as a creative powerhouse. She hired and mentored dozens of creative women, ensuring that the female voice was represented in J. Walter Thompson's work.
It's your big break. Your shot to steer the future of advertising. Here's what you'll get if you win:
- A scholarship up to $10,000 to put towards your education
- An internship at a JWT office
- One-on-one mentorship
- First-look placement at JWT after graduation
Who can apply?
You have to:
- Be a registered student at an undergraduate, graduate, and/or portfolio school with at least 12 months of school left as of May 14, 2018
- Show creative talent and potential in a course of study like Art Direction, Copywriting, Design, Experiential Design, Sculpture, Film, etc. Basically, if you think it applies to you, it probably does
- Maintain satisfactory academic and creative progress as determined by your school
- Personal statement (500 words or less)
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- 3-5 creative samples