Job - National Expert on Building Engineering and Energy Efficiency/ Renewable Energy, UNDP, Armenia
Location: Yerevan, ARMENIA
Application Deadline: 21-Feb-18 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Languages Required: English
Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Mar-2018
Duration of Initial Contract: Two years (about 300 working days)
The Sustainable Growth and Resilience Portfolio Climate Change Programme projects have common overarching goal to support greenhouse gas emissions mitigation. The mentioned objective can be achieved through improved regulatory framework and defining the proper responsibilities for enforcement mechanisms; demonstration of advantages of the energy efficiency measures through partnership with municipalities and buildings management bodies; introduction of proper economic instruments and incentive schemes, national capacity building for testing and labelling of energy efficient appliances, as well as through broad measures aimed at increasing awareness on benefits of energy efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
The National Expert on Building Engineering and Energy Efficiency/Renewable Energy will work under the overall guidance of UNDP Armenia Sustainable Growth and Resilience Portfolio Analyst and direct supervision of the Climate Change Program Coordinator and respective Project(s) Manager(s). The incumbent will report to the Programme Coordinator and respective Project(s) Manager(s). More specifically the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Support Project teams in identification, planning and supporting implementation of energy efficiency and renewable energy measures in public and residential sectors;
- Support in elaboration of ToRs for the design and construction/renovation related activities, design expertise, energy audits/upgrades, renewable energy systems’ application, companies and individuals aimed at ensuring improved energy performance;
- Support the multi-apartment building dwellers/apartment owners and management bodies in identifying the building energy retrofit measures and cost estimates, raising their awareness and collaboration with potential ESCO companies and subcontractors;
- Support the project management in technical evaluation of the bids and preparation of evaluation reports;
- Ensure quality control and quality assurance of design documentation, design expertise, author supervision, technical supervision, energy audits, energy efficiency measures and renewable energy application of demo/pilot projects;
- Prepare and review estimates, BOQs, cost tracking reports, cost deviations related to energy upgrades, engineering equipment and renewable energy installations and civil works;
- Implement professional technical supervision/quality assurance over the demo/pilot projects design and construction works to ensure compliance of quality of the used works and materials with the design, technical requirements and the Program objectives;
- Conduct on site meetings and presentations and provide answers to technical and program related questions, take part in professional training sessions, seminars, masterclasses to be organized for the beneficiaries, prepare and deliver trainings and presentations;
- Identify new demo/pilot projects opportunities to demonstrate energy efficiency and renewable energy application, including assessment of potential benefits of demo/pilot projects from the applied measures;
- Deliver periodic reports on technical supervision results, including recommendations and assessments;
- Establish and maintain high standards of work, communication, and deliverables;
- Render consultations as required within the Programme;
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Support is provided to the Project team in identification, planning and implementation of energy efficiency and renewable energy measures in public and residential sectors;
- The multi-apartment building dwellers/apartment owners and management bodies have received assistance in identifying the building energy retrofit measures and cost estimates;
- Project team has received expertise in documentation related to the designing, application, supervision and reporting of energy efficiency and renewable energy measures for demo/pilot projects;
- Support provided to the awareness raising activities organized for the beneficiaries.
Note: for each single specific call-offs, the respective detailed ToR with specified outputs and applicable number of working days will follow in line with the main scope of works of this assignment.
- Awareness of local and international best practice in the field of architecture, structural engineering, civil engineering/designing;
- Knowledge of principals and practices in building systems & materials, good knowledge of energy efficient construction, building design and renewable energy systems;
- Excellent knowledge of local building codes, standards, regulations and directives;
- Demonstrated ability of cooperation with stakeholders: government and municipality specialists, scientific institutions, design and construction companies, suppliers and private sector;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability with a proactive and collaborative style that works well in teams;
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to systemize, analyze and present the data;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel), as well as knowledge of the task specific design and engineering software (AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, etc).
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Architecture, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent; Scientific Degree is an asset.
- At least 7 years of hands on experience in construction, construction coordination and technical oversight/inspection with accent on Energy Efficiency/Renewable Energy;
- At least 3 years of practical experience in designing, managing and scheduling of building construction projects with a concentrated focus on energy conservation;
- Experience in designing, implementing and inspecting energy efficiency and renewable energy measures is a must;
- Working experience with multi-apartment buildings and their management bodies;
- Working experience with international donor organizations is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian and English.
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal. The contract will be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR and received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 70 points
- Criteria A: Relevant education - max 10 points
- Criteria B: Specific experience in construction coordination and oversight, especially in relation to energy efficiency and renewable energy - max 25 points
- Criteria C: Working experience with multi apartment buildings, their management bodies and ESCO companies- max 25 points
- Criteria D: Practical experience in buildings’ design with accent on energy efficiency - max 10 points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
The maximum number of points assigned to the financial proposal is allocated to the lowest price proposal. All other price proposals receive points in inverse proportion.