Student Summer Research Fellowship
The main part of the Student Summer Research Fellowship program at ETH Zurich is devoted to doing research in one of the available areas.
- Time frame: 1 July - 31 August 2018. Please note that the time and duration of the fellowship is fixed to cover the full two months of July and August.
- Research experience. Fellows will pursue a research project that aligns with a chosen area of their interest as part of a research group in our department. This includes interacting and collaborating with group members.
- Networking and socializing. A number of on-site socializing events will help fellows to get to know people outside their respective research groups, including current ETH students at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Stipend. Fellows at ETH Zurich will receive a monthly allowance of about CHF1.750 to cover housing and living expenses. Travel and visa expenses will be covered as well. Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.
- Accommodation. Assistance is provided for finding affordable housing during the research stay, once a candidate is accepted into the program. We will also provide information regarding visa applications (where required).
- Switzerland. Fellows have the opportunity to explore the vibrant culture of Zurich in the summer as well as the beautiful mountainous landscape of Switzerland in their free time.
Beginning of November 2017 - 31 December 2017 at 12 noon (Central European Time)
Preparing your application
Please begin by exploring the faculty members in the participating hosting labs and their research topics.
You will be asked in your application to indicate one or two preferred research areas. This will help the program to coordinate optimal lab placements. Please do not contact faculty members directly.
You are eligible for the Student Summer Research Fellowship program if you satisfy the following:
- You are enrolled in a study program (Bachelor or Master) in computer science or closely related field (e.g., electrical engineering, mathematics, physics)
- Your expected graduation date in your current study program (Bachelor or Master) is January 2019 or later.
- You have 2 years of study completed by summer 2018 (Master students naturally satisfy this condition).
- The duration of the fellowship is fixed to the full two months of July and August. You can be present during the entire time.
The working language of the program at ETH Zurich is English a good command of which is required. If available, please include an English language certificate with your application documents.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: