Every year a limited number of KTH Scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence. Recipients of the KTH Scholarship will have their tuition fee waived for the first and the second year, provided that the study results during the first year are satisfactory.*
To be eligible to apply you must be a tuition-fee paying student and have applied for a master's programme at KTH as your first priority. Students with a conditional eligibility are eligible to apply for a scholarship. KTH Scholarships are not available for applicants to Erasmus Mundus and EIT master's programmes.
*The scholarship is applied to the tuition fee at KTH and does not include a cost of living allowance.
How to apply
Applications for the KTH Scholarship for studies beginning in autumn 2018 will be open December 1, 2017 - January 15, 2018.
The scholarship is granted primarily on the basis of academic excellence and the nomination process will be undertaken in parallel with the selection process for admission to the programme. Only applicants who fulfil the eligibility requirements of the programme applied for will be considered for a scholarship. After each of the applicants has been assessed in accordance to the selection process for their respective programmes, an overall assessment of all recommended applicants for the KTH Scholarships will be made based on the following criteria:
- The applicant's grades (GPA or equivalent)
- The ranking of the university where the applicant's bachelor's degree was awarded
- The selection process and the recommendation of the director of the applied master's programme
- The applicant's motivation, relevant work experience and extra-curricular activities
If you are applying to the following joint programmes you must apply for the scholarship here according to the same instructions as for the KTH Scholarship.
- Master's Programme in Molecular Techniques in Life Science
- Master's Programme in Turbomachinery Aeromechanical University Training (THRUST)
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.