Hollywood’s Biggest Screenwriting Competition!
We are the home of the entertainment industry and we get our winners the exposure they deserve. Our goal is to connect writers with agents, managers, and producers. Most great films are made in Hollywood. Most Award winning films have been made in Hollywood and the majority of Award winning artists live in Hollywood so it makes sense to get your script read by the people who have access to the people who can get it made and get it made right! We don’t care where you’re from or what sort of past you have, if you’ve written a great script, we want to read it. Please submit it today!
Some of Hollywood’s biggest names are on our distribution list. Our winners are read by the biggest agents and talents managers on both coasts and producers at all of the major studios. In addition to our distribution list we also deliver your script to the agent, producer, or manager of your choice.
That’s right, we are the only screenwriting competition that delivers your script to the entertainment professional of your choice.
Where producers go for scripts and writers.
Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more. Producers have made more than 315 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip.
- Submissions are accepted via electronic submission only through our partner websites FilmFreeway, Withoutabox, and NetworkISA.
- There is no limit to the length of the projects you submit. Projects can be in script or treatment form.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you may submit.
- Scripts must be written in English as that is the only language we are staffed to read, but can be in any film or television genre.
- Entrants are prohibited from contacting the judges during the competition. Any entrant who attempts to contact a judge will be disqualified and their entry fee forfeited. The decision of the judges is final.
- Entry fees for screenplay entries are posted on our partner websites and are non refundable.
- Employees and family members of the film festival are not eligible.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older to enter the contest. Misrepresentation of age, upon discovery, will forfeit entry and fees to the contest.
- Entries must be received on or before the deadlines and submission fee payment must be made in full at time of the submission. All entry fees are non-refundable
- All submitted material must be original, and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer(s).
- All entries must be the original, and unpublished, un-produced, un-optioned work of the entrant. The entrant ensures that he or she is the sole author of the work and that it does not infringe on any existing copyright.
- All winners are responsible for their own U.S. income tax withholding.
- The competition, it’s judges, and it’s officers accept no liability whatsoever for any claims of damages, real or perceived, by any entrant(s) as a result of their participation in this contest.
RULES & ELIGIBILITY
- All writers at least 18 years of age are eligible.
- All persons from anywhere in the world are eligible; however the material submitted must be in English as that is the only language we are staffed to read.
- All material submitted to other competitions or contests are eligible.
- Professional writers, journalists, poets, and previous contest winners are eligible.
- There are no requirements as to when the material was written.
- Material must be your original work and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer(s).
- The material submitted must not be encumbered by any obligation to, or option held by, a third party prior to entering the competition.
- By submitting your material you agree to be added to our email list, but can remove yourself by unsubscribing at anytime.
- We do not provide feedback, notes, grades, or rankings of any kind. We assume you already know how to write at a professional level and that is why you are entering this contest.
- Please note that the Hollywood International Screenwriting Competition is in no way affiliated with any other film festival, screenwriting competition, film school, or film related enterprise or organization.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.