About the Fellowships
The EurekAlert! Fellowships for International Science Reporters support excellence in science communication globally, with a focus on developing regions and emerging economies.
In the 14 years since the program's inception, 62 Fellowships have been awarded. The fellows have come from Africa, Central and South America, the Middle East, India, and China.Established in 2004 with a seed grant from the William T. Golden Endowment Fund for Program Innovation and sponsored by EurekAlert!, the AAAS-operated science-news service, the EurekAlert! Fellowships for International Science Reporters provide early-career science, technology, and health journalists opportunities to cover the latest research and network with peers from around the world at the AAAS Annual Meeting.
The focus of the 2018 Fellowships is China, India and, for the first time, the Balkan region in Europe.
The application period for the 2018 EurekAlert! Fellowships for International Science Reporters runs from October 18, 2017 until November 15, 2017.Eligibility Requirements
Applications are open for the 2018 EurekAlert! Fellowships for International Science Reporters. Early-career science journalists based in China, India and the Balkan region are invited to apply online.
- Five (5) years or less of experience as a professional science reporter
- Based in China, India, or the Balkan region (Albania, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, or Turkey)
- Meet EurekAlert!'s reporter and freelancer eligibility criteria
- Be able to travel to the 2018 AAAS Annual Meeting in Austin, Texas, USA, February 15-19, 2018
- Proof of employment and length of service with an accredited news media outlet
- Three recently published work samples
- Letter of recommendation from an editor or senior reporter
- Brief essay
The deadline for completed applications is November 15, 2017, at 11:59 pm US Eastern Time.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: