WONG CHAK CHUI INTERNATIONAL ENRICHMENT SCHOLARSHIP
With the generous donation by the Wong Chak Chui Charitable Foundation, HKUST School of Business and Management (hereunder, SBM) launched The Wong Chak Chui International Enrichment Scholarship (hereunder, the Scholarship). The purpose of the Scholarship is to provide financial support for undergraduates’ participation in overseas, including Mainland Chinaand Taiwan, for competitions, conferences, community projects, business-related enrichment programs, exchange-out and internship programs. It aims at widening undergraduates’ international perspective, sharpening their analytical skills and helping them put theories into practice. The duration of selected overseas enrichment program should not be less than 1 month and not more than 1 year.
Interested applicants should note the following selection criteria:
- Undergraduates who are pursuing a degree program offered by the SBM are eligible to apply (for Dual Degree program students, please contact Interdisciplinary Programs Office (IPO) directly for application).
- All applicants must attain a Cumulative Grade Average (CGA) of 2.85 or abovein the current academic year/semester.
- Students are eligible to apply for the Scholarship oncewithin their entire undergraduate studies at SBM. Each recipient will be awarded a cash sponsorship up to HK$30, 000 (the exact amount is based on the assessment of financial need) upon the completion of the program.
- In making the selection of applicants, the Committee shall take into consideration students’ financial needs, e.g. grant and loan offered under the Tertiary Student Finance Scheme (TSFS) or loan offered under the Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (NLSFT), and experience of international exposure, etc. Students with genuine financial needs will have higher priority to be granted with the Scholarship.
- The Scholarships are subject to the Donor’ s confirmation of available funding. The committee reserves the right for the final decision of the selection results.
- Students who are not eligiblefor the Scholarship will be considered for the International Enrichment Grant automatically. Students belong to this category will be informed of the arrangement by SBM.
- Students are eligible to apply only one of the following funding sourcefrom SBM Undergraduate Office with the same selected overseas enrichment program:
- Wong Chak Chui International Enrichment Scholarship
- International Enrichment Grant
- Franklin Fund
Application Timeline for the Scholarship
Applicants MUST submit the completed application form together with the *necessary supportive document (all in pdf format) to SBM via firstname.lastname@example.org(Email Subject Title: Application_WCC Scholarship_Appliant’ s Full Name_Student No.)
(*necessary supportive document: including but not limited to (1) confirmation letter/email issued by the host organization or relevant School/Department/Office of HKUST with program name, student name, program start date, program end date & destination, etc.; (2) program leaflet/poster/schedule and URL of the program website (if applicable); and (3) latest transcript/grade report of the applicant.)
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: