Three Fellowships for 3-month research stays at HafenCity University Hamburg in 2018.
Founded in 2006 the HafenCity University Hamburg solely focuses in architecture, civil engineering, metropolitan development and urban research. It combines the academic areas of engineering, the sciences, the humanites and the social sciences as well as design and planning under one roof in order to bring together all the areas of study and research needed for the ‘built environment‘.
The fellowships are open to experienced scholars and outstanding postdoctoral researchers of all natonalites and from all fields of urban research. The program aims at enabling the fellows to develop new ideas for research projects in fields such as ‘digital cites‘, ‘smart cites‘, ‘technical innovatons in civil engineering‘, ‘challenges of urban societes‘, ‘design of urban environments‘ etc.
The 3-month stay at HafenCity University Hamburg is meant to give the fellows a period of complete freedom from all other obligatons in order to test their hypotheses, concepts or theories in discussions with their colleagues in Hamburg. The fellows are expected to present their research project during their stay, publish a paper or submita proposal for external funding in order to create a lastng cooperaton with urban research networks in Hamburg.
The fellowship includes
- a 3-month research stay at the HafenCity University Hamburg;
- a monthly grant of 3.300 €;
- support in finding and financing an accommodaton in Hamburg;
- a traveling expenses fee (1.500 €).
- certificate of doctoral degree;
- project proposal and work plan (one page) for a research idea in urban research (with relevance for Hamburg); possible date of arrival
- CV including a list of publicatons;
- two contacts for references.
Applicaton deadline: November 24th, 2017.
Applicafions have to be submitted in English at email@example.com. For further informafion contact Katrin Hovy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.