2016 Sagan Postdoctoral Fellowships
The NASA Exoplanet Science Institute solicits applications for Sagan Postdoctoral Fellowships to begin in the fall of 2016. The application deadline is Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4 pm PST.
The Sagan Fellowships support outstanding recent postdoctoral scientists to conduct independent research that is broadly related to the science goals of NASA's Exoplanet Exploration program. The primary goal of missions within this program is to discover and characterize planetary systems and Earth-like planets around nearby stars. Sagan Fellowships are joined by two other NASA astrophysics theme-based fellowship programs: the Einstein Fellowship Program which supports the Physics of the Cosmos research, and the Hubble Fellowship Program which supports Cosmic Origins research.
- Please see the Sagan Fellowship Guidelines for application instructions and detailed program policies. Applicants must follow all of the instructions given in these guidelines.
- FAQs for applicants are here.
- FAQs for awardees are here.
A complete application will include:
1. Completed application submission form
2. Curriculum vitae and list of major publications and all first-author papers
3. Summary of previous and current research (not to exceed 3 pages including figures, tables, and references)
4. Research proposal (not to exceed 3 pages including figures, tables, and references). Please note that if you are submitting more than one choice host institution, you may increase the length of your research proposal by 1 additional page for each host institution for a total of up to 5 pages (including figures, tables, and references) if three host institutions are submitted.
5. Three (3) letters of reference each not to exceed two pages . One of the reference letters may come from the applicants advisor, however this is not a requirement. These letters are submitted through a web interface.
The deadline for both applications and all letters of reference is Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4 PM PST. Offers will be made before February 1, 2016, and new appointments are expected to begin on or about September 1, 2016.
Applicants FAQ page - for questions about the application process
Awardees FAQ page - for questions following an acceptance of a Sagan Fellowship
For inquiries, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet current and past Sagan Fellows here.