Sponsored by the Friday Morning Music Club Foundation
The 2017 64th Annual Washington International Competition for Piano will take place on June 3 and 4, 2017. Semifinals will be at the University of the District of Columbia Music Department, 4200 Connecticut Avenue, Washington, DC 20008 on Saturday, June 3 from 9:30-5:00 pm. The finals will be on Sunday, June 4 in the UDC Theatre for the Arts from 2:00-5:00 pm.
Housing will be offered to all semifinalists. These accommodations in private homes will include access to an excellent piano.
- J. S Bach: Any work. (Pieces with multiple sections or movements must be prepared in their entirety.)
- An entire Classical Sonata of one of the following composers: Mozart, Haydn or Beethoven (excluding Op. 49).
- A major work from the Romantic Period.
- A substantial work from the 20th or 21st century.
- A piece of the contestant’s choice not to exceed 10 minutes.
- Applicants should be prepared to perform all submitted repertoire for the semifinal and final rounds.
- All music must be performed by memory.
- The submitted repertoire program should be a minimum of 60 minutes.
Regulations and Instructions
- No changes in repertoire permitted past the deadline date on February 15, 2017.
- Submit a maximum of 35 minutes chosen from your required repertoire for the audition video. List of formats allowed on the Getacceptd site. The selections should present a representation of your playing.
- A jury will review submissions and select 16 semifinalists.
- All applicants will be notified of the results by mid-March.
- Semifinalists will be sent further instructions as needed.
- FMMC Foundation assumes no responsibility for actions of or injuries sustained by applicants or their escorts during their course of stay in the Washington, DC area.
- All contestants are responsible for transportation to and from Washington, DC.
- The decision of the judges is final and not to be disputed. No contact with the judges is permitted until after the results have been announced.
- The WIC reserves the right to use any recordings or photographs originated during the competitions, or any photographs or recordings provided by the contestants.
Chen-Li Tzeng, Competition Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace McFarlane, Assistant Competition Chair: email@example.com
Leslie Luxemburg, Foundation Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information click "Further official information" below.