LOYOLA INSTITUTE SCHOLARSHIPS
The Loyola Institute is pleased to announce a new scholarship for 2017/2018 which consists of a payment of €6,500 per year and payment of the student contribution.
To be eligible students will:
- Have sat either Leaving Certificate or A levels in 2016 or 2017.
- Been offered a place to study the BA Moderatorship in Catholic Theological Studies (CAO: TR030) (Note: The 2 subject moderatorship TSM is not applicable for this scholarship).
- Have a minimum of 430 points
- Be ordinarily resident in Ireland or Northern Ireland and are EU applicants.
The final decision on the scholarship will be decided by interview of all eligible students by 15th September 2017.
The Scholarship will be applicable for 4 years of undergraduate degree, subject to:
- Passing annual exams with at least a 2.1
- Being an ambassador for Loyola Institute through speaking at open days etc.
It is not possible to defer this scholarship and should the student not continue in Catholic Theological Studies the scholarship will lapse
Constantia Maxwell Postgraduate Scholarship
One studentship of €5000 will be awarded to a student entering one of the School of Religions, Peace Studies and Theology's MPhil courses (Christian Theology, Conflict Resolution and Reconciliation, Intercultural Theology and Interreligious Studies or International Peace Studies) in September, 2017. There is no separate application form; all applications submitted by June 30th, 2017 with unconditional offers will be considered. The award will be made on academic merit.
Sean O’Riordan Scholarships for MPhil in Christian Theology
Thanks to the generous support of the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer, the Loyola Institute is pleased to announce that two scholarships of €5,000 each are being made available to students applying for the MPhil in Christian Theology at the Loyola Institute, Trinity College Dublin.
Both full time and part time applicants to the MPhil in Christian Theology in September 2017 will be eligible for Sean O’Riordan Scholarships .In the case of students doing the MPhil over two years the award will be a total of €5,000 across the two year period with €2,500 paid per annum (should a student not continue into the second year no award will be payable).
The deadline for applications is 14th June 2017.
You are required to:
- Submit an application for MPhil in Christian Theology using the central Trinity College application system.
- Send an email of application to Loyola@tcd.ie.
Your application should include a letter (maximum 600 words) setting out why you would like to do the MPhil in Christian Theology and why you think you should be considered for a scholarship.
The result is expected to be announced by the end of June.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.