About the Summer School
During the Summer school students will learn modern programming technologies and techniques for mobile robot development. The course is practice-oriented, so students will use their knowledge in implementing a project of robot development: mobile robot with manipulator for transport tasks, observation and monitoring based on Arduino and Raspeberry Pi platforms.
The educational program of the school introduces to students the latest software and hardware technologies.
During the course students will learn:
- basics of robotics programming, Arduino programming;
- basics of project management, tools and techniques, scrum, git, gannt charts;
- PID regulators for mobile robots based on odometry and sensors;
- basics of Raspberry Pi and Linux, basic commands and tools, configuring, video translation;
- basics of Java programming for Raspberry Pi, Arduino connection by UART, Pi4J library, self-hosted software architecture concepts;
- SLAM (Simultaneous Location and Mapping);
- concepts of natural user interface, Microsoft Kinect SDK;
- concepts of Natural User Interface, myo SDK.
The course program makes an emphasis on practical trainings. After a second class students will be able to write a code and to launch a robot by themselves. The course allows students to merge into the CAD technologies and design, to assemble a robot, recognize gestures (commands).
Minimal required skills for students
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures;
- One of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java, C#;
- Basics of Electrical Engineering.
Number of students
Send to the coordinator via e-mail:
- application (download from the homepage);
- copy of the main page of the international passport;
- Choose a you want to apply for (you can apply only for ONE school);
- Fill out an Application form (the application form is general for all schools);
- Attach a copy of your international passport and a CV (in free format);
- Send the documents to the coordinators via email@example.com.
- Wait for a confirmation from coordinators during 2 weeks via e-mail or telephone.
- After the deadline (July 17, 2015) groups will be formed. You will get a notification.
NOTE: In case your summer school group was not formed of any reason you can participate in another summer school.
- During 2 weeks after the deadline you should pay the overall cost of the Summer School you have applied for. The course fee includes tuition, accommodation, meals (breakfasts and 2 banquets), cultural program.
For German students: DAAD scholarships are available.
For partner university students: a fee reduction could be applicable.
- After we confirmed your payment we will send you an invitation you need to apply for a visa.
- Apply for a visa to Russian consulate or Embassy you have mentioned in your application form. After you get a visa, please, inform us.
- When you have your tickets let us know about your route – airways/ railway station, flight number/ train number, time of arrival. It is recommend for students to form groups when arriving to Russia so the specialists of UlSTU International Office could meet them in Moscow and follow to Ulyanovsk.
- Do not forget to invite your friends to join your summer edutainment trip!